Illegal flight - curved camera lens?

Reaction score
This video shows a flyer in the no fly zone, but with the curved Washington Monument in the video, does it mean a bad camera?

i'd say it was done with a GoPro & naff fisheye correction in editting (as well as a cheap gimbal). Nice of him to show him flying to help the FAA, just a shame he can't fly steadily

From YT
Published on Nov 5, 2014
Awesome View of Washington Monument in DC is 555' (169 m). Flying with DJI Phantom 2 Drone with FPV GoPro 3 in October 2014

This video shows a flyer in the no fly zone, but with the curved Washington Monument in the video, does it mean a bad camera?

No, it was a fisheye lens. Could have been GoPro or P2V+. I liked it, thanks for posting.;)

Reactions: dirkclod
Something tells me there is an FAA letter or encounter in his future. :eek:

Screen Shot 2015-11-17 at 12.48.07 AM☀️.png

*EDIT - I see now it was a year ago. I wonder if the FAA ever looked into it.​

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Something tells me there is an FAA letter or encounter in his future. :eek:

View attachment 35965

*EDIT - I see now it was a year ago. I wonder if the FAA ever looked into it.​
The guy was probably unaware of the rules. The FAA rules are so complex. They also can change at any time via NOTAMs, or advisory circulars. The rules are more complex than any other agency or lawmaking body.

S
The guy was probably unaware of the rules. The FAA rules are so complex. They also can change at any time via NOTAMs, or advisory circulars. The rules are more complex than any other agency or lawmaking body.

So true
Unless registration when it happens and rules are forced at Point of Sale we will see lots of uninformed flyers.
Even 7 Eleven is selling some nice looking Drone toy's for the holidays.

Let's hope the Hover Boards take the spot lite for a while.
images

Forced Helmet Laws
Forced No Sidewalk Laws
Forced Registration
Forced Safety Rules
Forced no Hover Board Areas
Forced Lighting Requirements
Forced Age Limits

This is going to the next big News maker after the holidays.

That video was shot in October 2014 and at that time there wasn't a no fly zone nor is there any rule regrading altitude. The first 15.5 mile radius no fly zone around DC for drones came out in 1/30/15 after the P1 crashed on the White House lawn but was pulled after that and reinstated on 3/3/15.

That video was shot in October 2014 and at that time there wasn't a no fly zone nor is there any rule regrading altitude. The first 15.5 mile radius no fly zone around DC for drones came out in 1/30/15 after the P1 crashed on the White House lawn but was pulled after that and reinstated on 3/3/15.
That information is incorrect. An Air Defense Identification Zone (ADIZ) has existed since February 10, 2003 around the Baltimore-Washington Metropolitan Area to restrict air traffic near Washington, D.C.

S

So true
Unless registration when it happens and rules are forced at Point of Sale we will see lots of uninformed flyers.
Even 7 Eleven is selling some nice looking Drone toy's for the holidays.

Let's hope the Hover Boards take the spot lite for a while.
images

Forced Helmet Laws
Forced No Sidewalk Laws
Forced Registration
Forced Safety Rules
Forced no Hover Board Areas
Forced Lighting Requirements
Forced Age Limits

This is going to the next big News maker after the holidays.
It would be good to take the fear and hype focus upon something else, for sure!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl