Illegal drone reports (FAA)

plus on hear people saying go up to 1600 feet then fly out bunch of dummies

Reactions: maseman88
It's crazy that people are not following the rules with their drones. It's people's lives they potentially messing with plus the bad name that it's giving to others.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

"Between August 2015 and January 2016, the FAA received 582 reports of unmanned aerial vehicles operating near airplanes, helicopters, and airports—not only dangerous, but illegal."

UAS Sighting Reports

Since we now know that the FAA flat out lies about their data and the reports... and the "media" simply carries on these lies without even looking into the facts, we should probably review the data ourselves.

Second entry is from a citizen who reported that a drone was operating at 200-300' 2 miles outside of an airport. I've done this... can be perfectly legal.

Many entries from pilots who reported "UAVs" 1300' away from the plane. I challenge _anyone_ to see scan the sky and see a drone 1300 away and know it's a drone and not a bird or a balloon.

Another entry is that a person saw a 3-4 while drone in someone's driveway. No... I'm not making this up.

One of my favs... a helicopter 5 miles from an airport and at 500' reported a UAV 100' below him and .5 miles away from the helicopter.

Now.. I only looked at about 15 entries to find these 3. But it looks like the FAA is being a little more careful about what they report (they are no longer flat out lying... yet) but the media is still on the same trend... of not even looking at the data an just assuming it's as the FAA reported last year. This article from PC is terrible and incorrect.

It's crazy that people are not following the rules with their drones. It's people's lives they potentially messing with plus the bad name that it's giving to others.

Please consider the "source" and read the FAA report yourself before assuming (like the general public does) that this article is correct or that the reports on the FAA list are even factual.

Just reviewed the latest report. Crazy seeing drone close calls at 1,500 to over 5,000 ft msl

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.