If You use Litchi and VR Goggles Read

Reaction score
The image in the DJI Goggles is far worse in my opinion. Headset is bulky, controlling your drone settings (what settings they allow) are not fun on a touch pad. Also no diopler adjustment, just a left right framing option. My $40 goggles have both left and right forward and backward adjustments and I need no aide to see. With the DJI I had to wear glasses. The $40 VR Goggles, $20 Litchi and Iphone/Android Phone are a much better experience. Again my opinion. Mine are going back...

Last edited:
Reactions: PhantomPilotUK
Thanks - been looking for someone to talk me out of ordering them lol :)

What VR Headset box do you use - I got this one for $15 (VR BOX 2.0 Version VR Virtual Reality Glasses Google Cardboard 3d Game Movie for 3.5" - 6.0" Smart Phone)

It takes a large Note 4 phone - so the resolution is very good and has the diopler adjustment.

But the lens quality isnt perfect- its not possible to adjust to have the whole phone screen 100% in focus at the same time - there are some areas that are slightly out of focus.

Still great fun alright for the low cost...

I just ordered one myself. Can't wait to try it to be honest
1497679199606.png

Reactions: Technical Bob
Price is the killer with DJI, especially on the goggles. I might start another topic so people can share their alternative goggles... I'm currently looking into another set myself. Although, i DO have a Gear VR OIculus headset...BUT no Samsung phone :(

RoOSTA

Last edited:
Reactions: Neon Euc
I have the Gear VR for my Samsung S6 and the VR is great. The only problem if you use it for a little while the phone gets hot and it tells you to turn it off

Reactions: Neon Euc
The image in the DJI Goggles is far worse in my opinion. Headset is bulky, controlling your drone settings (what settings they allow) are not fun on a touch pad. Also no diopler adjustment, just a left right framing option. My $40 goggles have both left and right forward and backward adjustments and I need no aide to see. With the DJI I had to wear glasses. The $40 VR Goggles, $20 Litchi and Iphone/Android Phone are a much better experience. Again my opinion. Mine are going back...

I know nothing about VR goggles.
My main question is:
How do you control with a VR what you normally can tap with your fingers on the iPhone app (DJI Go or Litchi) when not using a VR ?

Thanks

I know nothing about VR goggles.
My main question is:
How do you control with a VR what you normally can tap with your fingers on the iPhone app (DJI Go or Litchi) when not using a VR ?

Thanks
Since Litchi VR is just a setting in the app you open the goggles and tap the phone.

Since Litchi VR is just a setting in the app you open the goggles and tap the phone.

Thanks bkushner but once in VR mode how do you interact with licthi ? Do you have to remove your goggles everytime you need to click a Litchi button (command) ?

Thanks bkushner but once in VR mode how do you interact with licthi ? Do you have to remove your goggles everytime you need to click a Litchi button (command) ?
Usually I have one of the C1/C2 buttons toggle full screen and I make my changes using controller button and go back to VR

I put my iPhone 7 Plus in a slightly modified SunnyPeak Deluxe VR Headset. Litchi's VR mode display looks great -- at first glance similar to the view in DJI Goggles. BUT, before I attempt to fly with that rig I'm curious how you folks deal with the phone being inaccessible inside the headset. As far as I can tell you would need to open up the headset and remove the phone in order to change focus, access intelligent flight modes, etc. That seems awfully cumbersome compared to simply flipping up the DJI Goggles (especially with my suspender trick in place) to access the phone or tablet, conveniently mounted to the RC.

I'm wondering , my p2 transmits to a black pearl monitor, is there a way to get it to transmit to my phone or I pad ??

The main problem I had with Litch and a Ganaxy S7 was lattency. It prevents from approaching the drone near objects and buildings. I have not that problem with the DJI Goggles. Another great feature with Phantom 4 pro and Googles is knowing the distances from objects on the sides and behind. There is a 10 centimeters precision. 2x 1080p resolution is a great step compared to little screens displayed by Litchi. For me it is a total new experience after having used Litchi and VR for a year.

The main problem I had with Litch and a Ganaxy S7 was lattency. It prevents from approaching the drone near objects and buildings. I have not that problem with the DJI Goggles. Another great feature with Phantom 4 pro and Googles is knowing the distances from objects on the sides and behind. There is a 10 centimeters precision. 2x 1080p resolution is a great step compared to little screens displayed by Litchi. For me it is a total new experience after having used Litchi and VR for a year.
The good thing about litchi is you can put your phone into your vr set and get fpv without paying 400 quid for fat shark though

By latency do you mean lag ??
Yes I mean with android phones there is too much lag, that disappears with Goggles. It s the main reason for me to puchase Goggles, that and the image quality that is without comparison with a S7 + Litchi.

I have tried a couple of the cheap goggles that hold the phone and image is fair but I keep having to remove the goggles to locate the P4 and it is not always where I think it is. Also in watching drone racing on tv. No one uses anything but Fat Shark. I'd buy these before DJI just because of DJI's horrible customer support.
Jim
WA5TEF

I have tried a couple of the cheap goggles that hold the phone and image is fair but I keep having to remove the goggles to locate the P4 and it is not always where I think it is. Also in watching drone racing on tv. No one uses anything but Fat Shark. I'd buy these before DJI just because of DJI's horrible customer support.
Jim
WA5TEF

On my phone googles, there is a piece of the front that can be removed. This allows the front camera an unobstructed view. Then I set my C2 button to switch between the dtone and my front camera (still with two image vision). This allows me to see as if I had removed the goggles.

If you look under settings--keys--C2 FPV (right)- drop down menu lets you pick Mobile camera (VR)

Here is a picture of the front of my goggles.

FPV Goggles.jpg

Reactions: Technical Bob

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers