If you just got a P3

Reaction score
Do us all a favor and search! All of the recent topics have all been covered. Not trying to be a scrooge but really guys. It may be new to you but the P3 has been out for a while. Chances are, your answer is already here [emoji3]

Reactions: phantom1972
Wouldn't that make this nothing more than a library? Then what would we have to talk about o_O
ok so let's have the first 2 pages of threads be the same thing over and over again? How about talking about something new?

I know what you're saying but give em a break most of the (us) just got a P3 for Christmas and are flying them for the first time. So they have an issue that's new to them and they want answers now. Do a search and unfortunately you must wade through a lot of stuff that may be outdated, not quite what we're looking for, or just different enough as to not really answer like when asking a direct question. Don't take this wrong but you don't have to click on the onerous posting, right?

Fly Well

Reactions: lotusteve
I hear ya... I'll keep my mouth shut and come back in a few weeks lol

This subject has been discussed before. Good going OP.

:D
i-jZGK5Gm.gif

Reactions: Shawnakova
For the the new pilots....PM me if you have any questions, I was one of you not too long ago.

Reactions: SergeantJoKer
While some questions are new, many are repeated over and over and over. Duplicating topics that have already been covered is frowned upon. If it gets out of hand, threads will get locked or deleted. You should search before posting and use existing threads where they exist.

IMPORTANT: Read This Before Posting | DJI Phantom Forum

I dislike people who say search first. Most people do search first but feel their situation is a bit unique or are having a hard time finding a clear path answer they can understand (usually due to lingo)

It keeps the forum active. Further more there are always developing solutions or ideas spilling out.
And from experience the mods who lock or delete duplicate threads are usually ocd control freaks.

Life is short. Lend a helping hand (or in this case a paragraph! )

Reactions: Dirty Bird
I wasn't trying to have a debate or war. But I will clarify that a lot of the topics are general. It's ok, I'm over it and probably should have just kept to myself. I will say that maybe if there was a sticky with common questions and answers maybe that would help.

I have to disagree that searching first is probably what I do before posting most times. For me it's not about etiquette or courtesy, it's more or less the way I learn. I read. And if my answer is not found in the search, at least I can write out a well informed question and show that I have done some research and have a level of understanding beyond just blindly asking a question.

The best part about this forum is the search actually works! I've been in other forums where you search for something and you get 1,458,654,345 results that you have to read through, many of them referring to other threads. At least over here, they're trying to control it a bit so you get your answers right away in the top search results.

Reactions: Ed209
Do us all a favor and search! All of the recent topics have all been covered. Not trying to be a scrooge but really guys. It may be new to you but the P3 has been out for a while. Chances are, your answer is already here [emoji3]
The thing is, maybe when the newbie posts the question he words it in a way that may strike up a thought about something that may be important to someone else. Like an old saying goes: the only stupid question is the one you didn't ask. Give us a break, we may stimulate some good conversation.
Thanks.

Agree to a point, but how many times can you discuss what is the best tablet for the P3? Come on. A little search is not gonna kill ya.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm just playing the devils advocate here. What harm comes from a newbie posting a question that has been posted and maybe worded differently before? As I said, maybe his wording might spark someone to reply with just the right terminology that solves the OPs issue. It's nothing more than another thread started with a few lines written. Maybe you did your due diligence and searched and found the answer you were looking for. Is it a sin to post a question that has been asked before? If you see it is just something being rehashed, pass it by and look for something that interests you. No harm, no foul. Again, no disrespect to anyone here, just let them ask their question without making them feel like they are being a pain in the tail. This is a fantastic forum and I hope it stays this way.
Thanks to all.

Reactions: Volitant_Soul
i agree with the above, if the topic doesn't interest you, move along to the next topic. This is how forums work unfortunately and I've only seen one solution to this that requires new forum software where when you start typing in the topic of your New Thread, a search box automatically populates with existing threads relating to the same thing you type. I'm guessing if we can't change the code to do such, you aren't gonna train people either.

I find searching for answers fun. I always stumble onto other issues and fixes I would never have thought to search for unless I had those same issues myself.
I find it fun too! Usually I'll find the answer I'm looking for, and in the process stumble across answers to questions that I was CERTAIN to have, but was too inexperienced at the time to have realized it.

I'm fixing to start a thread about "Drone Safety" and I'm anxiously wondering what I'll find when I search first.

I swear to God, I'm lying in bed with a broken pelvis, because a dumb mistake playing with the "follow me" mode put my P3P WAY up in a Pine Tree. Climbing that tree could easily qualify as the stupidest thing I've EVER done, and I would love to see someone else not be so rash.

If I get a bunch of search hits, it's going to really hurt, because I busted some rib too, and laughing hurts like hell. I sorely (LOL pun intended) wish I were kidding.

I still think a chatroom would be an awesome idea

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1