If you have sold a RE-500 Extender...

Reaction score
I bought some Phantom parts from a listing here last early last year. The main thing I wanted was the RE-500 to see if I could get it to work with a FC-40 . The Range Extender has had it's password changed. I have tried for months to get the seller to give me the password, or put me in touch with whoever he got it from so I can login and change it back to default. I finally gave up. I can't chance trying to use it, as I have no way of looking at the Open-WRT parameters to see what has been changed.

So, if anyone here has sold a RE-500 extender that had the password changed, it would be a real help if you would PM me and I can let you know who I got it from to see if it is the one in question.

Any help appreciated. TIA

Im not to sure what you mean by a password for the RE500 range extender. It uses a QR code to bind with the phantom vision camreas hidden ssid But if some one did pass word protect it some how or make any changes to it. Just reset it threw the tiny reset hole next to the power switch and it will reset back to all the factory defaults.

and if you dont mind if you figured out some way to get one of them extenders to some how connect to the fc40 camera PLEASE do tell.

You can login with a computer using the standard login/password that they are all shipped with. It has a graphical interface that allows you to make changes to the open-WRT routine running in the small embedded OS. But there is no wired Ethernet port ( which coud be used to reset the password) only wireless access. Once changed, it cannot be reset unless you use the correct/current password, I don't know if I could make it work with the FC-40, and won't be able to find out if I can't access it due to unknown password. The first thing I tried was the reset (numerous times).

oh wow that sucks that the pass word cant be changed back without knowing what they have it set to.

So you cant get in touch with the person that sold it to you????

so with a new pass word set is it not letting you Connect to 192.168.1.1 via SSH, username: root, password: 19881209

That is correct. The seller would not provide the info. I gave up requesting the login/password after months of waiting. In this case it is ssh to 192.168.1.2. I tried a number of addresses and ports that showed up using netstat. I asked around on different threads where the adding of luci to the RE-700 was being discussed. It all factors down to the only way to recover/reset a passord in an Open-WRT device is either via a wired Ethernet connection or the correct login/password info. Nice paperweight... There is always a possibility to use a jtag cable and the reload the firmware, but that is beyond what I am willing to do on a circuit board that small.

wow thats pretty crappy the seller is not wanting to give you the password or respond to you. Sounds like they sold some thing they knew was bunk or its stolen and dont know the password or that it even had a password.

Well, it's not a big enough issue to drag out names, but it was a disappointment. I would rather find the original
owner, as I think they have the info. I am not sure the seller was aware that it had been changed. All in all, it has been a leaning experience. I haven't used my Phantoms in the last 6 months, but have been helping a neighbor with his and that has renewed some interest in unfinished projects.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair