IF YOU ARE PANICKING DURING A MOVE FLYING...

Reaction score
I was last nivh doing the best shots ever in downtown Chicago and after I did my shoots and I was super happy, I insisted in doing a pass under the lakeshore drive bridge and the river . I was passing well and for a second I though I was going to crash the bridge and I PANICKED so I pushed down to much and P3P went to the midle of the River at 1:30 am [emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Whoops. I've learned that, in those panic situations, let go of everything and take a second to regroup. It's usually the knee-jerk response that puts you in the river.

Sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you've recovered it since. Depth perception can be tricky from the phone or tablet.

Option 1 generally should be STOP. At least it is for me. If I am heading toward something and I get that uneasy feeling, I simply STOP. Let go of the sticks, let it stabilize and then figure out what to do. I can always come around for another pass for video. I would rather fill up the SD card with bad passes than have to get a dredgeline out and try to find my Phantom at the bottom of a river.

Sorry for your loss. I can only imagine the emotion you experienced watching it follow your precise commands.

THANKS ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR THOUGHTS REALLY MADE ME FEEL BETTER KNOWING I WAS JUST GREEDY FOR THIS CRAZY SHOT. Im looking to order a new one soon and Ill be back to that Fing bridge and do it right without panicking. Here is some I did before if you guys want to enjoy

I had seen that cut reel somewhere else. Where is that building at?

Watching that makes your accident even worse, great footage. Do you have a YouTube link for it?

The building is in Evanston IL, the Bahai Temple here is the link

Hmmm look for
FLYFREE REEL In youtube

Crap... into the drink huh.

This whole Idea of the elevation control being the engine cut freaks me out. After flying an inexpensive manual drone for the last few months I've had many instances where a fast descend was in order. With the P3a it will be fast all right. Could you imagine if an airplane killed the engines if you pulled the stick back!!!

I wish we could deactivate that feature and assign it to one of the under buttons

Also, how would flying under a bridge affect the GPS system. Would a slight interruption be an issue?

This whole Idea of the elevation control being the engine cut freaks me out. After flying an inexpensive manual drone for the last few months I've had many instances where a fast descend was in order. With the P3a it will be fast all right. Could you imagine if an airplane killed the engines if you pulled the stick back!!!

I wish we could deactivate that feature and assign it to one of the under buttons
DJI design engineers aren't that stupid.
If the usual method of descent killed your motors, no-one would fly more than a day.
FYI, you can descend at dull speed, straight down from hundreds of metres up and the motors will not stop until your Phantom has landed and been stable for 3 seconds.

Reactions: GunnyPapa
Being new at this, I didn't realize that. So the copter needs to be on the ground for the motors to be stopped...correct? You can not shut them off while in the air with the left stick?

Feel much better now!

He didn't say his motors cut. I took he Dove to hard and hit the water? Did I read it wrong?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl