if you already have your part 107

Reaction score
my question if you already have your part 107

I’m thinking of getting part 107 certification I’m studying on my own but getting very confuse with alll the FAA regulation if you did your training online what the web base study source did you use thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Studying now myself Andy! Taking it in June. I bought the UAS Remote Pilot Test Prep book with online practice testing. It is by ASA. Aviation Supplies and Academics INC.It is awesome. Its 35-40 bucks if you get the online practice testing with it. The book itself is only 15-20 I think. You could also spend 150 and go with the Remote Pilot 101 guy. I hear he is really good too. Test is not a pushover for sure.Got to know sectional chart reading, some weather facts, airport facts, and air space. The rest is easy.

Reactions: andyca57
Studying now myself Andy! Taking it in June. I bought the UAS Remote Pilot Test Prep book with online practice testing. It is by ASA. Aviation Supplies and Academics INC.It is awesome. Its 35-40 bucks if you get the online practice testing with it. The book itself is only 15-20 I think. You could also spend 150 and go with the Remote Pilot 101 guy. I hear he is really good too. Test is not a pushover for sure.Got to know sectional chart reading, some weather facts, airport facts, and air space. The rest is easy.

thanks

~~ I've moved this to the correct section and edited the title to reflect Part 107 ~~

I can't stress enough how well structured and efficient Gold Seal’s UAVGroundSchool is. It is designed and ran by FAA Flight Instructors that know not just how to teach but how to teach AVIATION. They understand what the testing format is and can help guide you to a very successful outcome. Plus check out their statement:
100% you pass or we pay guarantee

I still go back and use it for research to this day. I even went back and used it to help me prep for my ~107.29 Daytime Flight Waiver and got it on the first attempt. Having that certificate under my belt helped me know what to say for each question on the submission.

So how would you rate the Remote Pilot 101 course? Did you use any additional materials or did that course alone supply all that you needed to past the test? And about how many hours of study did you take to prepare for the test?

Ed
Just the course. As far as how many hours? Maybe 8 total (guessing). I really liked the course. Jason does a great job explaining things. When I took the course it was $99. It's constantly updated.

~~ I've moved this to the correct section and edited the title to reflect Part 107 ~~

I can't stress enough how well structured and efficient Gold Seal’s UAVGroundSchool is. It is designed and ran by FAA Flight Instructors that know not just how to teach but how to teach AVIATION. They understand what the testing format is and can help guide you to a very successful outcome. Plus check out their statement:
100% you pass or we pay guarantee

I still go back and use it for research to this day. I even went back and used it to help me prep for my ~107.29 Daytime Flight Waiver and got it on the first attempt. Having that certificate under my belt helped me know what to say for each question on the submission.

thanks BigA107 for your reply and correcting the forum location

Reactions: BigAl07
Just took my 107 today and passed first try. It's seriously not as hard as others have claimed. Watch Tony northrups video on free part 107 prep 2x and I can almost guarantee you'll pass. No need to pay for anything.

Reactions: KevMo Photog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers