If purchasing new stick with big dealers.

Reaction score
Was told to purchase from shop in Florida by many on the forums, big mistake, received defective unit, from day one had issues but told I had to pay to ship back for repairs (what repair a brand new unit) then it twitches in the air been trying to fix for few weeks on my own, and now this morning fully charged radio battery is a 0% charge! Called them told well now it's 10 day in so we can't help you, its a DJI warranty issue, so have to send to DJI well that could be a month or to all for a literally Brand new p3a! Wish I had bought from B&H or other big store !

Amazon has an awesome return policy (if they ship it) and there are many authorized DJI dealers selling on Amazon. Not all dealers are equal, but Amazon never lets you down with their return policy.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Was told to purchase from shop in Florida by many on the forums, big mistake, received defective unit, from day one had issues but told I had to pay to ship back for repairs (what repair a brand new unit) then it twitches in the air been trying to fix for few weeks on my own, and now this morning fully charged radio battery is a 0% charge! Called them told well now it's 10 day in so we can't help you, its a DJI warranty issue, so have to send to DJI well that could be a month or to all for a literally Brand new p3a! Wish I had bought from B&H or other big store !
You need to disclose the dealer name so others don't make the same mistake. That's what this forum is for, mistake prevention. Dealer support is vital, especially a DOA unit. Was the box sealed? If not it could have been a return from someone else.

I think a 10-day return policy is pretty standard (and fair). Amazon has the longest return policy that I know of (30 days).

Why didn't the OP return it immediately since it was defective right out of the box? It's an unfortunate situation, but it probably would have been easier to resolve if that had been done.

If they don't play with you dispute the ccard charge. They'll be a lot more helpful then. A brand new item should not be your responsibility to get repaired even under warranty but the store's. As long as it was bad from the start.

If they don't play with you dispute the ccard charge. They'll be a lot more helpful then. A brand new item should not be your responsibility to get repaired even under warranty but the store's. As long as it was bad from the start.

I was in the Apple Computer Store and *they* are selling the Phantoms. Same price as online too.

I guess everyone's getting into the fray...

If they don't play with you dispute the ccard charge.
While possible, this is not an ethical thing to do considering what the OP has shared with us. And, the dealer will most likely win the dispute if they have properly disclosed their 10-day return policy.

Builtdrones out of Jacksonville! And knew nothing about 10day! Left with decision to sell as is, to try to recoup some cash to purchase another brand, or wait the 1 to 2 months DJI just estimated to me for repair!

I see that now no returns, should have researched but went off recommendation of others! But a no return policy is crazy if product is defective on arrival !

And right from there mouths "we are a very small business so can't do what others can"

But a no return policy is crazy if product is defective on arrival !
Agreed. Since you've been flying for a few weeks and have attempted to remedy the issue yourself (not sure what you did), I'm sure any dealer would refer you directly to DJI. That's about the only option you have right now since disputing the charge through your credit card company will likely not get you anywhere.

Imu calibration reflash, firmware, then it snowed and rain so sat till yesterday! But this is my reason for switching to yuneec much better customer service, and they are willing to do all they can to keep a loyal customer, local hobby shop tried talking me out of DJI, but I had a phantom 2v+ that I loved and should have kept, so went to phantom 3 expecting an upgrade! And I bought the phantom 2v+ used crashed, I repaired and replaced ribbon, still a better more reliable machine than p3! Yes the p3 has light bridge but other than that, shells crack, its a lotto if you get a good one, firmware updates sketchy to say the least, and literally no support, not to mention the p3 is a all in one main board, not plug and play, so now user serviceable parts! I'm leaving this forum and DJI for good! Good luck to all you'll need it!

Msinger I have 35min on it per DJI go app, rest was sitting due to weather! And about 10 min more just calibrating!

Old thread, sorry.. To clear up this issue, we asked Jason Blose AKA "TJ Black" to send the unit in so that we could handle the warranty but he refused numerous times.. He was mainly scared of the shell cracking and wanted to return the unit based on that, we do take returns but he was well outside the return period when he finally decided to try and return it..

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png
DJIEmail.png
ReviewonWebsite.png

Reactions: tgadler

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members