If my drone is lost and found ...

Reaction score
If someone finds my Phantom 4 Pro or Mavic and decides to sell it on ... would someone be able to use it (presuming he bought an RC from DJI?).

Should I remove the WiFi code from the body of the drone (for the above reason - wouldn't be able to pair it on WiFi at least).

If I can't get it back I want it dead. (I suppose it would end up in the parts market...).

I believe that since the Aircraft is already activated they could just purchase a new remote at around $400 and pair it. Of course I doubt they will go through the pains of doing that if you offer a reward and a call back number on the body. Then again who knows. I have that on mine. Hopefully if I lose it, whoever finds it is nice and doesn't try to tell me it caused other issues for them. I'm getting a Marco Polo soon to help in search in case it goes down.

Reactions: AlanTheBeast
I believe that since the Aircraft is already activated they could just purchase a new remote at around $400 and pair it. Of course I doubt they will go through the pains of doing that if you offer a reward and a call back number on the body. Then again who knows. I have that on mine. Hopefully if I lose it, whoever finds it is nice and doesn't try to tell me it caused other issues for them. I'm getting a Marco Polo soon to help in search in case it goes down.

Yep - "Award" is on the sticker as well as the rest. Marco Polo soon with tags for both drones.

Reactions: K9VXV
If someone finds my Phantom 4 Pro or Mavic and decides to sell it on ... would someone be able to use it (presuming he bought an RC from DJI?).

Should I remove the WiFi code from the body of the drone (for the above reason - wouldn't be able to pair it on WiFi at least).

If I can't get it back I want it dead. (I suppose it would end up in the parts market...).

Read this thread, I don't know if it is true?

Anyone lose a drone in south east London xmas day?

Rod

Read this thread, I don't know if it is true?

Anyone lose a drone in south east London xmas day?

Rod

I am not sure if it is true I just know that I can use any phone but then again I have always signed into my account so maybe there is some type of security feature but I figured you could probably link a new RC without issue. Is there any registration # on it anywhere?

Jesse

I am not sure if it is true I just know that I can use any phone but then again I have always signed into my account so maybe there is some type of security feature but I figured you could probably link a new RC without issue. Is there any registration # on it anywhere?

Jesse
If DJI could shut a Phantom down?

Any remote would be able to link to the Phantom.

To really use the Phantom most likely they are going to use the DJI app to fly-it. When the app connects to the Phantom, then the Phantoms Serial# is then revealed.

Then the app could make the Phantom unusable from that point on. Maybe they can make the Phantom not link to any remote?

This is the only way I can vision they could make a phantom unusable.

Maybe they prompt you for a mandatory firmware update, and it bricks it, there already been testing this on good units. :eek: :rolleyes:

I think a lot. ;)

Related to that, I lost a P2V+ in the woods.
I put up flyers in the campgrounds and along some of the roads, and in the woods around its last location.

When I went back the last time, before winter hit. Instead of putting a phone number, I used an email address.

My Phantom now I use a permanent marker and put that email on the bottom of the Propellers. If crashes and it is out of sight, a part of one of the eight blades may make it to the ground.

Somebody posted they spent all day looking for theirs and gave up. On the way back to the car, he saw his battery laying on the ground. He looked up, and there is was.

Some people leave a picture of there info and or a txt file on the SD card, I use a Marco Polo.

Why the email?

I don't want pranksters calling me on my phone telling me they found my drone at 3:30 in the morning. Because they seen my flyer.

But that's your call. :D

Rod

If DJI could shut a Phantom down?

Any remote would be able to link to the Phantom.

To really use the Phantom most likely they are going to use the DJI app to fly-it. When the app connects to the Phantom, then the Phantoms Serial# is then revealed.

Then the app could make the Phantom unusable from that point on. Maybe they can make the Phantom not link to any remote?

This is the only way I can vision they could make a phantom unusable.

Maybe they prompt you for a mandatory firmware update, and it bricks it, there already been testing this on good units. :eek: :rolleyes:

I think a lot. ;)

Related to that, I lost a P2V+ in the woods.
I put up flyers in the campgrounds and along some of the roads, and in the woods around its last location.

When I went back the last time, before winter hit. Instead of putting a phone number, I used an email address.

My Phantom now I use a permanent marker and put that email on the bottom of the Propellers. If crashes and it is out of sight, a part of one of the eight blades may make it to the ground.

Somebody posted they spent all day looking for theirs and gave up. On the way back to the car, he saw his battery laying on the ground. He looked up, and there is was.

Some people leave a picture of there info and or a txt file on the SD card, I use a Marco Polo.

Why the email?

I don't want pranksters calling me on my phone telling me they found my drone at 3:30 in the morning. Because they seen my flyer.

But that's your call. :D

Rod

Rod,

That is great info! I work in Salem. We should fly some time!

Jesse

Reactions: RodPad

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan