If it Ain't broke don't mess with it

Reaction score
So if you buy a new P3A with the current FW and it all works perfectly what's the point of upgrading later? Does something in the universe change the way it operates and cause it to mess up if you don't update? I've read many threads about upgrades that messed things up... If it ain't broke don't mess with it.
What you all think?

Each firmware release comes with new fixes and/or features. So, you'll need to review the release log to see if the update is needed for whatever you're trying to do with your Phantom. For example, new IOC features were added in 1.4. If you want to use them, you must install 1.4 (or higher).

As for the issues you're seeing, many of them involve user error. People are quick to blame the firmware before they blame themselves. The update process for the P3A/P3P is a bit technical. Perhaps DJI will eventually make it more automatic -- like the P3S/P34K update process. It seems far less people have trouble updating the P3S/P34K. Then again, there are probably far less people flying the P3S/P34K.

Personally, I like to fly with the latest firmware -- even when the latest firmware does not include new features that I need to use. I'm a software developer, so I know how the system works. Many (all?) companies slip in fixes and never mention them. Assuming that's the case, I always want to be flying with the latest and greatest. However, others will argue that it's better the devil you know than the devil you don't know.

Everyone should really do what's best for them. Always updating or never updating is not best for everyone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers