If I upgrade the app, will I have to upgrade the firmwware?

Reaction score
My Phantom 4 Pro is on a really old firmware: 1.03.0509
Remote: 01.04.00.00
App: 4.1.20

If I update the DJI app to the latest version, will I be forced to upgrade the Phantom firmware too? (I would like to use the new Pano mode.)

Since my P4P has been working reliably, I am afraid to upgrade the firmware. (There are some problems like the horizon not staying level all the time.) But I have read here that people should not upgrade the firmware and it's better to stay on the older firmware.

Any opinions?

If I update the DJI app to the latest version, will I be forced to upgrade the Phantom firmware too?
Firmware updates are ALWAYS at the users option. Never mandatory. If you are notified by the app that "Updates are Required" ignore it and fly on.

Yes, I know. I actually own Litchi, but I am afraid of DJI's policy about supporting their drones when using third party apps in the case of malfunctions, crashes, fly-aways, etc.

Unless it's still under warranty there's no probs using Litchi.
I changed from Go to Litchi and won't be changing back any time soon.

Unless it's still under warranty there's no probs using Litchi.
I changed from Go to Litchi and won't be changing back any time soon.
I guess this is a little off topic, but...
If the P4P is out of warranty and it gets damaged or lost not because of pilot error (DJI's fault), they will not take any responsibility and not replace or repair the drone? Will they even talk to you or look at the flight data, etc?

I guess this is a little off topic, but...
If the P4P is out of warranty and it gets damaged or lost not because of pilot error (DJI's fault), they will not take any responsibility and not replace or repair the drone? Will they even talk to you or look at the flight data, etc?

If it's outside warranty then they will still repair it, but it will not be free.

My thoughts on DJI's warranty: I've been there with them and I'll never submit a warranty claim to them again. I have a one month old V 2.0 that I fly assuming no warranty of any kind. I got the State Farm insurance that covers everything and if I have a repair problem, I'll fix it myself or send it to a third party for repair. DJI lost my confidence when I submitted a Phantom 4 for warranty repair and they refused to even tell me how the drone flipped upside down and powered into the ground! I fought with them for a month with no success. They absolutely denied it was a warranty issue even though I submitted enough evidence that a Phantom can't be made to invert but they ignored it all and after I caught them in numerous lies I stopped trying. Also I have flown Litchi since November 2016 with no problems other than the inverted crash which was in no related to the app. Good luck,
Jim
WA5TEF

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT