Idiot Puts P4 Into Sports Mode and flies it Directly into Fence

Wait, does it not print screen a warning that OA is not activated in Sports mode? If not, DJI should update the software.

Reactions: riverphantom3
Use even more battery. Increased speed means more power consumption. Increased speed also means more wind resistance which means more power consumption.
Yes P4 uses more battery when Sport Mode is on, there is no doubt about that. But P4 travels longer distance with same amount of battery power in Sport Mode. So we need to think carefully our purpose of flights particularly and make smart decisions to pick the best suited mode.

My ultimate conclusion, after really, really wanting to mug him; it's f@cking funny! Dumb @ss funny stuff!

Too bad those same users are finding out that the P4 is range-crippled and has less range than a P3 (as well as shorter battery life in real world usage , despite DJI's false 28 minute claim).
It was the "enhanced Lightbridge" out to 3.1 miles, and promise of a 28 minute single battery flight times that sucked me in! Total disappointment on both accounts. 6,700 feet before total signal loss, and 15 minute battery life.:(

He flew it backward into the fence after starting out saying "the problem is that obstacle avoidance cameras are only in the front". Better to blame it on stupid than the bird!

Hilarious......in case you don't want to read the whole article...........here a couple of quotes from the "Einstein " who flew it in sport mode fully expecting it to stop before flying it into a chain link fence at ball diamond....

Should we try to see if we can fly it into the cage in Sport Mode,” I shouted to my cameraman, who immediately looked very nervous.

"I aimed the Phantom 4 towards the cage and cranked the throttle. I cannot express how fast this drone will move when you let it. The Phantom 4 reached full speed around the time it zoomed over my head, and I turned around just in time to see it explode. White bits of plastic flew in every direction, the consequence of sending an aircraft flying at full speed into a chain link fence".

Phantom 4. It’s not crash-proof. It’s also not idiot-proof. And we all have idiot moments.This is a truly powerful aircraft that stands to cause damage if it crashes—especially if it crashes into people. I tried to make the drone hit me in head, and it wouldn’t—although there were a few close calls!

What was that quote by Forrest Gump......umm...stupid is......as stupid does!

Well....I suppose we should recognize that at least he "owned it"..........so have to give him some credit for that........must have pretty deeeep pockets!
He got it as a free sample because he works for a company doing reviews. The only reason he took that chance was it was given to him no strings attached. I don't think even a drunk uav pilot with a half of a brain would try that. He could be really dumb or just showing what dummies should not do. I am certainly not defending him. I would never fly that way. When you are not invested in the phantom with time and money and knowledge why not ram the thing into something. It sells ads. I watched the video a few days ago. I thought what a waste to give it to a hack like that. Someone with some real skills could have made a nice video. Sadly, that does not get you a spot on googe news or other good outlets.

Here's the video on Youtube, if you haven't seen it.

Thanks for posting the video....

How in the world did this guy ever get to do this "review"? If you can call it that - trying to fly backwards and test the OA - even towards his head! Then 'sports mode" into the baseball back stop again to test the OA!

None of that video was even remotely sensible or even funny.........if that was the intent, sheesh!

He must have been hit in the head with something else a long time ago -- or those who gave him a P4 to test out were hit in the head at some point..........seems like the only reasoning I can figure out as to why he was even allowed to review the P4.

I thought what a waste to give it to a hack like that. Someone with some real skills could have made a nice video. Sadly, that does not get you a spot on googe news or other good outlets.

Couldn't agree more.....

Guys, you take it to serious.. he's cracking a joke, doing what he's doing... Don't take this too serious.. It's so dumb!

Guys, you take it to serious.. he's cracking a joke, doing what he's doing... Don't take this too serious.. It's so dumb!

LOL - ya you're probably right - however what a waste and proves nothing.........well it does prove one thing........oops not gonna go there (again).

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
stupid is as stupid does..numb nuts flies into a fence...twice!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers