Idiot Puts P4 Into Sports Mode and flies it Directly into Fence

The best part of the review was when he said he decided to put it in Sport Mode and test collision avoidance by flying it into a fence. He then says he saw it "explode". BwaHAHAHAHA!!

He says the manual was confusing so he didn't realize Sport Mode turns off CA. Or he "forgot".

No video?!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Pretty funny:

Hilarious......in case you don't want to read the whole article...........here a couple of quotes from the "Einstein " who flew it in sport mode fully expecting it to stop before flying it into a chain link fence at ball diamond....

Should we try to see if we can fly it into the cage in Sport Mode,” I shouted to my cameraman, who immediately looked very nervous.

"I aimed the Phantom 4 towards the cage and cranked the throttle. I cannot express how fast this drone will move when you let it. The Phantom 4 reached full speed around the time it zoomed over my head, and I turned around just in time to see it explode. White bits of plastic flew in every direction, the consequence of sending an aircraft flying at full speed into a chain link fence".

Phantom 4. It’s not crash-proof. It’s also not idiot-proof. And we all have idiot moments.This is a truly powerful aircraft that stands to cause damage if it crashes—especially if it crashes into people. I tried to make the drone hit me in head, and it wouldn’t—although there were a few close calls!

What was that quote by Forrest Gump......umm...stupid is......as stupid does!

Well....I suppose we should recognize that at least he "owned it"..........so have to give him some credit for that........must have pretty deeeep pockets!

Reactions: Dirty Bird
I find it funny that DJI decided to introduce 2 contradicting modes in the P4. Avoidance mode is slow and safe - Sports mode is fast and unsafe. Its like giving a kid a helmet to walk and then taking it off to let him ride a bicycle. They should have left avoidance mode only and introduce sports mode when the avoidance technology can keep up with the 45mph speed.

Whoa!!! Great test for crash test dummies. I honestly do not like the way the plastic breaks on the Phantom 4... it literally shatters. But on the plus side, the gimbal doesn't break and fly off.

Reactions: riverphantom3
I predict that we will see nothing but a _ton_ of crashes with the P4. I've spoken to several people who are of the impression that the new Phantom, "flies itself". I understand how they could be misinformed. The "collision avoidance" and waypoint system makes it seem like this is the case. But 1) we know this is generally not correct and 2) collision avoidance has yet to prove itself in the real world and I suspect people will find out it has a lot of system breaking "features".

Personally I've never understood the want for speed in a camera platform drone but I know plenty of people want this and it's a selling point. To each their own.

I predict that we will see nothing but a _ton_ of crashes with the P4. I've spoken to several people who are of the impression that the new Phantom, "flies itself". I understand how they could be misinformed. The "collision avoidance" and waypoint system makes it seem like this is the case. But 1) we know this is generally not correct and 2) collision avoidance has yet to prove itself in the real world and I suspect people will find out it has a lot of system breaking "features".

Personally I've never understood the want for speed in a camera platform drone but I know plenty of people want this and it's a selling point. To each their own.

I think users wanted sports mode to get to an isolated location quicker (hopefully save battery). Eg, an Oil rig 3ks out.

Too bad those same users are finding out that the P4 is range-crippled and has less range than a P3 (as well as shorter battery life in real world usage , despite DJI's false 28 minute claim).

I think users wanted sports mode to get to an isolated location quicker (hopefully save battery). Eg, an Oil rig 3ks out.

This guy can't have a 333. No one that dumb should be allowed to fly.
Or work for the media industry. However it is now obvious what's wrong with the media industry nowadays.

These idiots are the same ones writing drone / plane near misses.

One of the best video shows the importance of reading product manuals before the first flight...

I call BS this guy is crashing on purpose. They are trying to get more clicks on page and views on video by having a crash. A story of great crash.... makes more then another first flight.

He crashes once backwards into fence. So he is obviously trying to crash, anyone who reads anything knows cameras are not in back. But it lived through that crash.... so he put's it in sport and crashes again on purpose. And ofcourse on sport it does not make it.

Someone who's title in video is "testing expert" had to have read manual and know what would happen.

Too bad those same users are finding out that the P4 is range-crippled and has less range than a P3 (as well as shorter battery life in real world usage , despite DJI's false 28 minute claim).

DJI need to invent a new mode - optimum flight/Economy mode. This should be able to calculate the most efficient output and speed, very similar to what planes call cruising speed. With this it can then switch to this mode for RTH as it will assure the longest flight time.

Reactions: Andy Hasler

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1