Ideas for mounting all this for field use

Reaction score
I am carrying more and more to the field when I fly and am hoping some inventive soul has come up with a good "rig" to mount everything on. I'm just trying to figure out a decent stand or something to put all of this in front of me.

FPV monitor (I currently have a 7 inch mounted to my controller)
Ground Station (I will be using an iPad) and transmitter
iOSD receiver
batteries for the monitor and iOSD
Flight control transmitter

The way I keep adding things I'm going to need a specially modified golf cart and a trailer to transport it :)

Thanks

What controller and what monitor exactly?

I'm just finishing up mounting all those same items (I assume you mean FPV receiver instead of OSD receiver), I should have some pics available tonight. Basically I found a sturdy mount for the monitor and have the rest of the components attached to the back of the screen. If I want to fly without all that gear at any point (i.e. with just the controller), I just un-bolt the monitor and everything else goes with it.

The trick is getting all that stuff balanced and manageable, and that may require a transmitter tray with double straps. It looks like the monitor mount I have may be adequate to balance all the gear I have, but I'll confirm that shortly when it's all together.

I made a case thing for my phantom last weekend and it has MORE than enough room for everything under the sun. Might think of something like that. Also could set up monitor stuff right on the lid. Check it out here - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19640

I think the transmitter tray is probably what I'm looking for. I just did not know what to call it. I'll check around online and see if I can find one and then report back. Thanks for the reply.

No problem! You'll find a lot of options just googling "RC transmitter tray", and if you want the high-end stuff Secraft is the brand to look for.

If it helps, here's how I finally managed to get all those components mounted on the monitor (this arrangement will work with a Tx tray too):

ADfrJVel.jpg

Lq2ffsHl.jpg

OI Photography said:
If it helps, here's how I finally managed to get all those components mounted on the monitor (this arrangement will work with a Tx tray too):

ADfrJVel.jpg

Lq2ffsHl.jpg

OI.. My monitor setup looks almost identical to your two pictures posted here. I'm just wondering and have trying to figure out your dual rx's. One being the immersion rc (Uno 5800?) and the second being the AVL58. I know you have a very practical and logical purpose and that I'm just missing the reason. The Uno 58 has the dual vid outs and I guess thats where I'm confused with dual setup.
Also, is your ReadyMadeRC 1100 powering monitor and both rx's? I have used an original Phantom batt as I no longer use it for flying.
TIA and also for all you have contributed to in the forum.

phantom7 said:
OI.. My monitor setup looks almost identical to your two pictures posted here. I'm just wondering and have trying to figure out your dual rx's. One being the immersion rc (Uno 5800?) and the second being the AVL58. I know you have a very practical and logical purpose and that I'm just missing the reason. The Uno 58 has the dual vid outs and I guess thats where I'm confused with dual setup.
Also, is your ReadyMadeRC 1100 powering monitor and both rx's? I have used an original Phantom batt as I no longer use it for flying.
TIA and also for all you have contributed to in the forum.

It's always my pleasure! You are correct that the silver receiver is the UNO5800, but the other one is actually the Groundstation transceiver...I know it looks virtually identical to the AVL58 Rx (I think they may use the same housing, not sure).

Yes the 1100mAh battery is running all 3 components (monitor/Uno5800/groundstation) and although it doesn't give as much use between charges as I would like, I think I would rather carry around a couple of charged spare batts of that size than strap anything bigger/heavier to my monitor. That's personal preference though and if you're ok with the bulk of a larger batt then by all means feel free :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1