Ideal Relationship between Altitude and Range?

Reaction score
Whats the best relationship between Altitude and Max Range - trying to see how far our I can get a Phantom 3 Standard?

Having a hard time getting more than 2 miles or so?

I was getting warnings of no signal but this shows strong Radio Signal at 9000 or so feet?

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Tried moving to the upper balcony and flying a little lower like 500 ft and got almost 2 miles?

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

I have some odd terrain here on land and a few radio towers out near the road so I have been keeping it high - would really like to fly it from the tower on my sportfish boat, and use this to spot fish - but that will require being lower to the water for sure.

400 feet is the limit on height

Not flying in the US - and when Flying in the US and using the drone I am more than 12 miles offshore, which again - becomes not the US. Right now flying form my Costa Rica boat - and with my Islamorada Boat will be out at least at the hump which is something like 18 nm from land...,

Not flying in the US - and when Flying in the US and using the drone I am more than 12 miles offshore, which again - becomes not the US. Right now flying form my Costa Rica boat - and with my Islamorada Boat will be out at least at the hump which is something like 18 nm from land...,
if you are mostly flying over water a parabolic range booster is all you will need to max out your having it then limited by battery power. Also watch the DJI antenna best practices video.

Sweet will check into those when back in the states?

Any sort of repeater like a Ubiquity bullet I could just mount on the boats tower to keep the controller small and light yet have max output and a huge antenna mounted high?

Sweet will check into those when back in the states?

Any sort of repeater like a Ubiquity bullet I could just mount on the boats tower to keep the controller small and light yet have max output and a huge antenna mounted high?

ubiquity makes lots of nice high power stuff

check out his red bird repeater concept

I am traveling to Islamorada soon with my drone and I was wondering whether the height altitude is still 400ft

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj