Ideal photo settings for the novice???

Reaction score
Any suggestions for "ideal" settings for the novice flyer/photographer? Since I don't have a good understanding of all the different camera settings, I've just left everything in the preset factory mode. Are there some different settings I could try to improve my photos. They look good to me now, but I'm sure there's always room for improvement. I'd like to get some nice shots and have someone like Imagekind enlarge and print them for me. Thanks for any advice.

I am not a photographer. That said, my understanding is there is a JPG or RAW version. JPG is compressed while RAW is close to completely unprocessed. I suspect for image enlargements you need the best quality you can get, That should be RAW.

In my case, I don't have anything that can open or edit a RAW file so for the moment I'm stuck with JPG. At least on my computer the JPG's look great. If I were interested in a professional quality (at least from a P2V) I would look into shooting RAW and acquiring software that would read and edit it.

You can also try the different settings and look at the results yourself. I had thought of setting the phantom on a stand or ladder and taking some pics in different settings and comparing them to each other. That way the images would all be exactly the same subject making comparisons reasonable.

Geo

I'm not near an expert ,you should ask this on the video forum, however if you have software to process raw files then shoot in them, as you can adjust the photo afterwards , ie photoshop, adobe stuff and others ,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers