idea for return to home

I wonder why DJI chose 20 meters? 50 meters seems like it would be much safer. Around here 20 meters is going to land me in a tree. Actually it happened to my friend Paul this AM. Lost signal and it returned home over trees that looked to be about 70' tall. Did not make it :(

Pilot_FML said:
MrC said:
Yep, it will just keep descending slowly until it hits the ground.

OI, does the recording a new home point at altitude thing actually work then? I seem to see people still arguing if it does or not. Have you tried it? I may have a go next time I fly.

MrC,

Just read your post and to answer your question, setting home point (HP) at altitude definitely does work. Zbip57 (a poster on the rcgroups forum) posted a video that actually walks you through steps verifying how to change the HP while actually flying. His video then shows the Phantom actually flying to the changed home point location (when Failsafe was actuated), rising 20 meters above that inflight altitude and then slowly decreasing in altitude until it touches down. The motors DO NOT shut off until it touches the ground. If your interested here's the link to his video:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... ount=26564

P.S. While in the rcgroups forum(s) search for other videos Zbip57 has done. He's clarified (via video) many of the flight control claims made by the Phantom flight controller.

Thanks for the link, must have missed that on rcforums, so many posts lol. Yep appears to work perfectly :) He has a phantom 1 there I think but i'm sure it's no different on a p2.

+ just looked at some of his other vids. Very nice. I want his cabin on the lake lol.

I love the idea of setting a new home point at a higher (safer) altitude. However, I have tried it several times and it sets the geographical position perfectly but it still returns home about 60 feet. The last time I set it about 120 feet and it still returned to HP about 65 feet. Any suggestions...

MrC said:
Hmm, now you see.. Which phantom do you have gofirjet and which firmware is it running?

MrC I have the P2V+ running the following versions:

Main Controller = 3.04
P330CB = 1.0.1.30
RC = 1.0.2.22

Thanks for your help...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member