Idea for gps tracking

Reaction score
i have used this product with my dogs for years. It is the bees knees. What do you think about mounting this on our phantoms?

It weighs 1.3 ounces and could probably lose 1/4 of an ounce without the mounting hardware and band that is heavy material.

Cost is only 79 and it does near real time tracking. When flying mine grabs data every 1.5 minutes and it is waterproof and very rugged so it would survive a flyaway crash if mounted well.

Downside is 10 per month for service. Goes down if you have more than one.

Whistle GPS Pet Tracker for dogs and cats | Whistle

Last edited:
Last edited:
Oops I added the link. I wonder if the cellular the device operates on would interfere with p3? I have not observed problems in my limited testing, but not sure.

Oops I added the link. I wonder if the cellular the device operates on would interfere with p3? I have not observed problems in my limited testing, but not sure.
Yes that has been a concern having a device on your craft that is transmitting RF data.

I wonder if the cellular the device operates on would interfere with p3? I have not observed problems in my limited testing, but not sure.
It wont. there are several cellular based GPS trackers on the market. none of them cause interference with the Phantom because cellular signals operate on different frequency bands than the control/video signal of the bird.

Reactions: wooglin

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl