Icrease FPV range

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a phantom with a 5.8 ghz transmitter (stock) and a Boscam 2.4 ghz transmitter and receiver (500mw), I use cloverleaf antennas. My range is aprox. 500-600 meters. Can anyone provide me with some tips to increase this?

I fly in a park with no housings.

Also I notice that when i go straight up very high the signal is worse than when I fly far away from my position.

Hope to hear from you guys.

are you running a non-Vision Phantom 2? If so you got your frequencies reversed... the RC control happens on 2.4Ghz and FPV should happen on 5.8. If you've got a Phantom 2 Vision then the FPV will use actual wifi but not via a Boscam.

anyway with a 500mW transmitter (I have a Boscam TS352 500mW) and good antennas you should definitely be getting more range than that. Inexpensive antennas typically underperform like that... I got the 3-antenna kit from FPVLR which comes with 2 pinwheel omnidirectionals for Tx and Rx, and a directional helix for Rx... granted its expensive but the quality is amazing. I've been out over 600m with just the pinwheels in a low interference environment and had perfect video.

anyway whether your FPV happens on 5.8 or 2.4 the principle is the same... better antennas = better performance and 500mW should be more than adequate

Thanks for your answer and no i dont have it wrong. I have the phantom with 5.8 ghz transmitter (orginally it was the FC40). And i use 2.4 ghz for fpv. There are not many antennas for 2.4 ghz on the market, but if you know something, please let me know.

Not your fault of course. But thanks for the link, got me something further. So i get an idea what is out there in the market for 2.4 ghz fpv.

onderwaterfoto said:
Thanks for your answer and no i dont have it wrong. I have the phantom with 5.8 ghz transmitter (orginally it was the FC40). And i use 2.4 ghz for fpv. There are not many antennas for 2.4 ghz on the market, but if you know something, please let me know.

I understand now sorry about that. Like OI I also don't have experience with the FPVLR 2.4Ghz antennas specifically, but my 5.8's from him are freaking awesome. looks like we have almost the same transmitter just 2.4 vs 5.8

he is actually on this forum as user FPVLR and he's very responsive on the sales@fpvlr email, I'm pretty sure he'd ship wherever you need.. good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20