iCloud - have I lost all my 2.7k video?

Reaction score
Hi all, so iCloud has taken all my video off my device (iPad) and put it on its server. Problem is when I try and play it, it won't load and says "can not decode".

Anyone else had this problem? Any solutions?? I'd be gutted if I've lost all my P3a video......

Sorry but I cant help ,and I'm pretty computer illiterate ,but I for the past 3 hours I'v been researching the best way to save and send 3gig to 100 gigs of files to different people. Options are flash drive ,SD cards,The Cloud
I have a mac book pro and ipad air2
I still havent figured it out but i just read a article on the clouds ,and ICloud Drive (is that the same as icloud?) . icloud drive was the worst of Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, iCloud Drive and the cloud storage newcomers.
What's the best cloud storage service to use?
I know thats just 1 actical and theres probably more saying the Icloud is the best one.I just thought I would point it out

100 gb is a huge file, do you really mean mega bytes ?

a bluray movie with the full monty sounds and all extras is around 30 gb.

if it is that large it would take ages to upload and download.

i use the iCloud (apple) for personal storage.

if you want to share then dropbox is good but you only get 5gb or so for free.

again if it is that big a file then you may need to send a hard drive or a flash drive, most flash drives top out at 128gb

Hi all, so iCloud has taken all my video off my device (iPad) and put it on its server. Problem is when I try and play it, it won't load and says "can not decode".

Anyone else had this problem? Any solutions?? I'd be gutted if I've lost all my P3a video......
Wait a second...How did you manage to get 2.7K video onto your iPad without copying from the SD card using a computer?

If you didn't delete the files from the card then at least the most recent videos should still be there.

I get that message when I play videos from the external hard drive. Try different players idk but the stock wins 10 player doesn't work for me, idk what player apple use

100 gb is a huge file, do you really mean mega bytes ?

a bluray movie with the full monty sounds and all extras is around 30 gb.

if it is that large it would take ages to upload and download.

i use the iCloud (apple) for personal storage.

if you want to share then dropbox is good but you only get 5gb or so for free.

again if it is that big a file then you may need to send a hard drive or a flash drive, most flash drives top out at 128gb
yep,it's 107.74GB. Can knock it down to 50gb each.
I dont mind paying the extra when needed
I'm thinking of doing the dropbox and giving them a month to get the files.

yep,it's 107.74GB. Can knock it down to 50gb each.
I dont mind paying the extra when needed
I'm thinking of doing the dropbox and giving them a month to get the files.

Cheaper and quicker to put on a 128gb usb stick and post.

in fact it begs the question does the phantom even take such large cards ?

I thought 64 gb was the max.

Well I would not rely on it long term, put it on a hard drive, I have several external hard drives 1TB, 2TB etc, nothing last forever but as long as you have backups.
Paying for cloud storage is quite expensive.

So I can play my video now but I've had to use a converter. Very strange because it used to play without have to run through third party app. All these updates are hard to keep up with!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4