Icarus for Phantom 3S

Yes the bird is at 27 but the controller is only at 19. You can up it also.
260b2455494d86bfa6a4119a63b52fc7.jpg

Yes the bird is at 27 but the controller is only at 19. You can up it also.

See? I called it. I knew some misinformed person was going to say it. LOL

Nope. Look again. You are quoting the numbers for the 5.8ghz. You even (conveniently) blocked the 2.4ghz numbers with your green circle.

If you don't believe me, email the creator of Icarus or PM PapaTita (the creator of Magic Power) on here.

The remote is at 27dbm, the bird is at 27dbm, ON THE 2.4GHZ. The mods have nothing to do with the 5.8ghz.

Reactions: Kunjaba007
IHave used magic set to 27 db checked with anilizer showes 27 on video andits freeOTE="phantomgaz5, post: 951136, member: 56034"]Has anyone tried this app from the playstore to increase range? Does it work ok and is worth buying? Thanks[/QUOTE]
Hav

See? I called it. I knew some misinformed person was going to say it. LOL

Nope. Look again. You are quoting the numbers for the 5.8ghz. You even (conveniently) blocked the 2.4ghz numbers with your green circle.

If you don't believe me, email the creator of Icarus or PM PapaTita (the creator of Magic Power) on here.

The remote is at 27dbm, the bird is at 27dbm, ON THE 2.4GHZ. The mods have nothing to do with the 5.8ghz.
Glad you have the energy to rebuttal this common misquote of the numbers. I use to do the same on other threads, and got tired of the back and forth with people confusing the two default frequency power settings.

Glad you have the energy to rebuttal this common misquote of the numbers. I use to do the same on other threads, and got tired of the back and forth with people confusing the two default frequency power settings.

I know, right? And no matter how much solid proof you provide, the other side always just says "Nuh uhhh, no it's not" but never shows any sort of documentation.

Works great. In Australia the P3 operates on CE standard (14dB). I was only getting 300 to 400 meters with my stock antenna. After Icarus mod I made it to 920 meters before I chickened out and did an RTH.
Video feed was strong the whole time.

Tried the Magic Power mod, but the program would not talk to my remote.
Also, I like that Icarus is on my mobile and I can change settings on the go.
Magic Power needs a PC to work.

I need a android device for icarus, it's possible apply with android and after fly with ios?

I know rc and ac video wifi for a P3S is at 27db for FCC mode already. I installed Icarus just to change the wifi channel. Works very well with my dbs antenna set up.Better video streaming. In my neighborhood, channel 3 and 9 work for me. Using a wifi analyzer app from Google play store. Dji app 3.1.3 , P3S firmware 1.8.10, Samsung s7 edge with Nougat running.

Reactions: 805hd and Matts175
Good day all. Yesterday bumped into this thread and well couldn’t resist to buy the Icarus app. Installed it, got my tabled connected to my remote and the bird and pressed the magical 27db buttons. Before this try I already used the Magic program and I managed to get it running on 24db. I checked the signal strength and yeay also Icarus says what it does. It boosted up my signal from 24 to 27db. After that I did my test run on the route I always use for testing ranges. There is allot of threes on that location and normally I manage to get a ~730 meter at that spot before getting a low signal and a direct RTH. Well after doing my trick with Icarus I hit the 900 meters mark and still got full video signal and 3 bars left for the controls. Not bad to be honest. Maybe tonight going to try another run. I life in the Netherlands so yeah, for me this app works perfectly. Stock I would get a maximum range around ~300 meters and with the wind surfer around ~620 meters. Did a Argtek upgrade ( and Magic ) and boosted it up to 1700+ meters on the country side ( no trees blocking my signal ).

Soon need to make a country side visit again to check how far I can fly my bird now :)

With ARGTEK, Icarus 27dbi .............. I can hit 2500m on a good day with my P3S.

Standard ARGTEK antenna used.

Here's a screen recording of such distance ...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Firt she kicked out at over 1800m ... so I let RTH run until I had good control again ... turned her round and sent her back out again ... 2574m .....

Nigel

Reactions: jigners and Fluffy
Hi Nigel.
Thanks for your feedback. Going to do a run this weekend if the weather is okay and trying to make a run on some plane field so less trouble with objects that are blocking my signal. I will report back in later.

Let us know your results! Been using Icarus for several flights. Really like it. Changing the wifi channel works well for me. Seems like the video downlink is better. FYI,,,Icarus and Magic Power do not improve the 5.8g control signal only the 2.4g video signal.

Reactions: Fluffy
I am using the Itelite DBS antenna mod. Made a big improvement on both control and video signals. Works well with the Icarus app. With the stock antenna, I was getting 4000 feet before rth. Now my best is over 13000 feet! Location and weather/atmospheric conditions play a big role to get this kind of distance. If you have the Argtek mod, You can very easily install this setup on the existing connection block.

Reactions: 805hd and Fluffy
For me - I was looking for dependable 1000m range which means getting it sorted to give around 2000m ...

I want to be able to know I can go out 99% of the time and do 1000m for video / photos of events and sites. ARGTEK and Icarus are giving me that nicely.

Nigel

Reactions: Fluffy
Is this app on iOS yet

Aw C'mon ... let us have our own ?? With DJI giving us Android successive crap GO app's till recently - we need a bit of compensation !!

What I heard one guy did ... he used Icarus via Android ... then just used his Ipad. The RC and AC as he reckoned didn't care as the Icarus mod was internal to RC and AC ...

But don't blame me if it goes wrong !!

Cheers
Nigel

Good morning guys. Uhm Nigel and Mr Kmb I will keep you posted about the ranges I will get. Problem is that at this moment the weather will be.. uhm... terrible lol. This weekend there will be allot of rain and hard winds so hopefully somewere it gives me some time to test it out how far I can push my bird. Keeping you posted :)

Tip :

As you go out .... keep a steady altitude climb in a shallow angle ... aim for about 120m or more at max range. Reason is that then you are having best 'sight angle' of RC to AC ... keeping the climb steady as well and in a straight line - means you know antenna are prime face to the bird from start of push.
The main item that will likely be lost first is the main 5.8Ghz control signal and this will initiate RTH as you know. Let her come back till you have control again ... see if you can better the first run ...

in all this ... RTH is your friend - so make sure you set RTH height clear of all obstructions ... but you will find that if you are at height above your preset RTH altitude .... RTH will run at that height when control is lost ... ie if you are at 120m when RTH kicks in ... it will come home at 120m .....
You can alter height on RTH with left stick if you wish ... but only once control is regained.

Good luck .. this weekend looks good for flying for me and it will be a general flying session with fixed wing aerobatics and 3D as well as a few P3S sorties ! Will be on an ex Soviet Front Line Fighter base !!

Nigel

Reactions: jigners and Fluffy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.