Icarus for latest firmware

Works fine with 1.07.0090 FW on the Standard as long as you have a phone / tablet that connects well.

My Prestigio phone on DJI Go 3.0.1 had problems ... but my Cavion tablet with Go 3.0.1 was no problem and Icarus set parameters nicely.
I changed my Prestigio to Go 2.9.1 and it then connected fine ...

So answer : Yes Icarus works with latest FW ...

Nigel

Just used Icarus on my P3S running 1.8.10 firmware.
Trippled my distance.
I am in Australia and we are forced to operate under the CE power spectrum.
Using standard antenna:
Previous best was around 400M (1312 feet).
Today after update I made 920M (3018 feet) before I got my first flicker of signal loss.
As I have not flown that far before, I chickened out and did an RTH.

I also have a spare transmitter with ARGTek mod, best distance was700M (2296 feet).
I have not updated this transmitter yet, but will do so soon.

Litchi latest app ... Go 3.1.3 app .... FW 1.8.10 .... all latest .... all work beautifully with Icarus.

Nigel

As I'm about to travel to Europe, I'm considering to try Icarus. On a previous EU trip, the P3S worked well enough for me, but I'm pushing things a bit more now (longer distances), so I fear I will want more range this time. To be clear, I only want my P3S to operate at the same (safe) power levels as in the US, not more. Does Icarus have a simple "FCC Mode" setting, kinda idiot-proof, or should I learn about the default RC/AC transmitting powers for EU vs FCC, and set them manually? Also, can everything be reset to factory once I'm back in the US? If you have any other tips or suggestion about Icarus, I'm all ears.

As I'm about to travel to Europe, I'm considering to try Icarus. On a previous EU trip, the P3S worked well enough for me, but I'm pushing things a bit more now (longer distances), so I fear I will want more range this time. To be clear, I only want my P3S to operate at the same (safe) power levels as in the US, not more. Does Icarus have a simple "FCC Mode" setting, kinda idiot-proof, or should I learn about the default RC/AC transmitting powers for EU vs FCC, and set them manually? Also, can everything be reset to factory once I'm back in the US? If you have any other tips or suggestion about Icarus, I'm all ears.
You have to adjust the dBm power output for both transmitter and aircraft. It is a slide style selection. But, it does have a simple Factory Reset switch for when you get home. Have a look at the screen shots on the Google Play store.

Just use Icarus and go for 27db ..... (I advise to use the Telnet setting as well) .....

Then just leave it alone... at home as well. Why change back ?

But yes there is a Factory reset option.

What I like about Icarus - is you can have it on your tablet if you ever wish to use again .... without Ned for a PC. It also gives precise accurate instructions to use as part of the process.

Nigel

Ok, thank you. My P3S is still under warranty so I like to keep it 100% stock (and be diligent with firmware / app upgrades), but if I find myself in a situation where the CE range is really limiting me, now I have a plan to extend it.

As for Icarus being available as an app vs. requiring a PC, it's exactly what made me pick it over other utilities.

Yes ... you leave it on your tablet and its there whenever you need ... even in field if necessary !

Nigel

I installed this app but it didn't work. It just said it's not connected to P3 wifi but it is connected. Developer didn't even get back to me. $5 wasted.

Update: Developer got back to me after 6 days and apologized for their inbox problems. I guess I misunderstood their instructions and needed to update the wifi SSID manually in the app first to be able to connect. All works as it should now. $5 not wasted lol.

Last edited:
Please give me advice on Icarus.

I recently purchased a cheap android tablet, but found out that cheap doesn't work. The video feed lags way behind. I have bought and downloaded Icarus onto the tablet, but have not used it yet. I am going to continue flying with my iPhone 6S. My question is, if I connect via the android tablet and boost the settings using Icarus, can I then fly with the iPhone and will the Icarus settings remain on the RC and AC?

To desert cat - its not Icarus at fault .... you have another problem I reckon. But there are times when you start up and it says disconnected - takes a few seconds to pick up the WiFi ....

Sprocky - yes once Icarus has done its job - you can use whatever tablet / phone you like. You do not have to stay with the tablet that has Icarus.
Yes - old android AND IOS phones / tablets BOTH suffer badly with the data throughput we have on these.

Nigel

Sprocky - yes once Icarus has done its job - you can use whatever tablet / phone you like. You do not have to stay with the tablet that has Icarus.
Yes - old android AND IOS phones / tablets BOTH suffer badly with the data throughput we have on these.

Nigel

That's great news Nigel, thanks very much. Now just to see if I can work my way through Icarus without damaging my equipment.

Just follow the instructions and its a breeze.

One tip - if you want to change settings again later - I found it best to revert back to factory default ... switch all off and start up again ... then Icarus the new setting you want.
I found that at times - it would not change anything without revert to factory first.

As far as I am concerned - after using Magic Power and Icarus ............ Icarus is my choice.

Nigel

Updated P3S to 1.9.2. Reapplied Icarus and AC would not talk.
Then did Factory Reset on Icarus, rebooted.
Finally applied 27dbm to boyh RC and AC, all working perfectly.

So lesson is,, after firmware update I need to factory reset Icarus then reapply settings.

Thats actually not only if FW update ... I have had to do Factory Reset occasionally to get Icarus to re-apply.

But at end of day - it works and is easy to use.

Nigel

Reactions: Darren_P
Dumb question for a newbie, what is Icarus

Not being rude - but there are many posts specifically on this ... it gives you option to alter the 2.4Ghz video / telemetry power level of both Controller and AC to get more range of video signal etc.

Nigel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31