IACRA is Fast today

Reaction score
Received Temporary Certificate less than 2 hours after completing application on IACRA. 32 hours from test to certification!!!

:)
pic 3.PNG

Reactions: Falcon900
Wonder why it's quicker for others. I'm on day 3 waiting with a status of "transferred to registry".

Private pilots get done nearly immediately after they are signed off.

Those without private pilot licenses who took the full test at a testing center (like me) have to wait,

Private pilots get done nearly immediately after they are signed off.

Those without private pilot licenses who took the full test at a testing center (like me) have to wait,

He said he took the exam.... So I assumed he was like us

Private pilots take an online course and exam, get the results certified by a CFI (IIRC) and then they are pretty much done immediately once it's entered into IACRA. That's my understanding, anyway.

As Jkrens said, I took the test at a CATS center. I am also in the system because of my Airline Transport Pilot certificate. I do not have a current flight review so I chose to go the full test route as quicker and cheaper.

Who knows if that made mine faster? A friend of mine who took the test just before me said her certificate was also ready at the same time mine was. She was not previously certified as a private pilot.

Last edited:
As Jkrens said, I took the test at a CATS center. I am also in the system because of my Airline Transport Pilot certificate. Who knows if that made mine faster? A friend of mine who took the test just before me said her certificate was also ready at the same time mine was. She was not previously certified as a private pilot.

Interesting

Interesting
As Jkrens said, I took the test at a CATS center. I am also in the system because of my Airline Transport Pilot certificate. I do not have a current flight review so I chose to go the full test route as quicker and cheaper.

Who knows if that made mine faster? A friend of mine who took the test just before me said her certificate was also ready at the same time mine was. She was not previously certified as a private pilot.

I just spoke with a very nice woman at the registry office to get a better understanding of the process. She confirmed that folks with pilot licenses are going through immediately. She said it will probably take up to a week to receive a temp for non pilots. 4 weeks until you get the plastic in the mail.

Reactions: joet
I just spoke with a very nice woman at the registry office to get a better understanding of the process. She confirmed that folks with pilot licenses are going through immediately. She said it will probably take up to a week to receive a temp for non pilots. 4 weeks until you get the plastic in the mail.

Did she offer insight into the steps (transferred to registry, etc) and how long you should expect to sit at each? At which step have you passed your background check?

Did she offer insight into the steps (transferred to registry, etc) and how long you should expect to sit at each? At which step have you passed your background check?

She didn't say specifically how long each step takes. She did mention that vetting is part of the one week time line. Monday is also a holiday. Just a guess, but maybe vetting is why current pilots are getting through faster.

Reactions: joet
Jkrens.....We are in the same boat. I passed at noon PST on Tuesday 8-30 in So. Cal., started making out the application, profile, wouldn't let me finish, more on Wednesday & Thursday, I have an application #, applicant #, FTN #, my proctor hasn't filled anything out yet, certificate # is PENDING, I don't remember seeing what you have for status "transferred to registry". Start looking at what's involved with submitting a request for "Waiver" or all that is involved with wanting to enter AIRSPACE and hope it shows up before the "SEASONS CHANGE".

My status is "COMPLETED". I didn't expect anyone at my testing center to answer today Friday and they didn't.

Jkrens.....We are in the same boat. I passed at noon PST on Tuesday 8-30 in So. Cal., started making out the application, profile, wouldn't let me finish, more on Wednesday & Thursday, I have an application #, applicant #, FTN #, my proctor hasn't filled anything out yet, certificate # is PENDING, I don't remember seeing what you have for status "transferred to registry". Start looking at what's involved with submitting a request for "Waiver" or all that is involved with wanting to enter AIRSPACE and hope it shows up before the "SEASONS CHANGE".

"Transferred to Registry" comes after "Completed". This happened for me yesterday morning (9/1/2016). My application was in "Completed" status Tuesday evening 8/30/2016. I passed the test on the afternoon of 8/29/2016. I'd say you're definitely in the queue and moving forward, but are a few days behind me. What I don't know is how much of the process is manual vs. automated. Patience is a virtue :).

I'm blown away, my Proctor called on a get away Friday of Labor Day weekend at 6:30 pm. Just like Falcon900 mentioned, existing pilots get blasted straight through and my proctor has to fill some items out on the paperwork. Those of us getting started, he DOES NOT have to fill anything out on our paperwork. Thank You hangloose for your knowledge/post.

I am confused as to where exactly it transfers over. I started an application. Does it automatically populate into the form? Or is there somewhere else to look on the site to get the number?

Is it automatically e-mailed too?

Last edited:
I am confused as to where exactly it transfers over. I started an application. Does it automatically populate into the form? Or is there somewhere else to look on the site to get the number?

Is it automatically e-mailed too?
I don't understand your question exactly, but once you have the passed test results form you will use the information on that form to complete the IACRA application which is just like filling out a paper form online.

Still waiting for the permanent (plastic) license, anybody got it yet?

I don't understand your question exactly, but once you have the passed test results form you will use the information on that form to complete the IACRA application which is just like filling out a paper form online.

ah, thanks, I didn't realize my test report had the exam ID on it. Now I see that I enter that in the application, and click "search". Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik