I would like to buy my 1st Phantom for advertising. I have questions though.

Reaction score
I have 0 experience with drones but for what I see the Phantoms are fairly easy to operate.

I was wondering if these can take on the weight of an advertising banner? I will be somewhat close to crowds as well and that makes me a little nervous. I would be across the street. I don't know if that is far enough away. I would be stationary, I don't need to fly it all around. Also are you allowed to fly these over roads with traffic? Seems a bit dangerous. Can you fly these in a line in a parade?

Thank you for all the help.

Which country do you live in?

The Phantom could probably handle a very small, lightweight banner. However, I'm not sure how stable the flight would be. If you're just hovering in place, then you might be able to pull it off.

Since you're in the US, you're going to have to follow the FAA's rules. Since this is a commercial activity, some of those things will include:
  • Get a 333 exemption
  • The operator will need a pilot license
  • You won't be able to fly near crowds of people
  • And, pretty much anything else that could potentially harm people/aircraft won't be allowed
There are a bunch of other rules, but those will be the most vital to your proposed operating. In short, it's probably not a good idea to try to pursue this business.

But how do you define "near"? How close is too close?
Also it would be for my business not selling ads for other businesses.

Here's what my 333 exemption states:
"Flight operations must be conducted at least 500 feet from all nonparticipating persons, vessels, vehicles, and structures"

All exemptions are different, but the FAA tends to copy and paste many of the same requirements from exemption to exemption.

As long as you're doing something that helps you/someone make money, then the FAA will most likely deem that a commercial operation. If you have any doubts, you can call the FAA and I'm sure they will be happy to answer your questions.

I've wondered on occasion whether a small vertical banner hung beneath the craft would fly well. Seems like the propwash would tend to keep it somewhat vertical depending on wind velocity, of course.

I have 0 experience with drones but for what I see the Phantoms are fairly easy to operate.

I was wondering if these can take on the weight of an advertising banner? I will be somewhat close to crowds as well and that makes me a little nervous. I would be across the street. I don't know if that is far enough away. I would be stationary, I don't need to fly it all around. Also are you allowed to fly these over roads with traffic? Seems a bit dangerous. Can you fly these in a line in a parade?

Thank you for all the help.
You got me. This has to be a joke?

Reactions: GoodnNuff

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20