I would like to add my Gopro and gimbal to the P3

Reaction score
I know why would I want to. Lets forgo that part of the discussion. I liked the Gopro and Gimbal that is on my P2. I just don't like not being able to connect it if I wanted to. In the future an Interface Board that would allow it to connect to the P3 would be nice as an option. The P3p that I have is great. Just don't like that I have to use only one setup with no other options.

Some of the crash pictures that I have seen on the Forum show damage to the P3 gimbal. The gimbal is very thin in one place and one minor crash breaks it, seems a little to delicate to me from the reports of only a minor crash. Crashed my P2 a number of times and the Gopro and gimbal came out fine. Just thought an alternative repair route would be nice to have. Yes it is nice to have an option to pick and choose an option and not be locked in to only one DEALER repair.

I damaged my zenmuse gimbal on a really minor crash once - it's kind of the luck of the draw - if the Phantom hits at the right angle while the gimbal is trying to make an adjustment - it can be damaged. I'm not sure - but also might be a space issue? with the new sensors on the P3 is there an issue with the space for a zen muse and/or overlapping the bottom sensors?

Reactions: clkilljoy
Good question. Have not tried to see if it would fit, or obstruct the sensors. Until an Interface Board ever comes into existence its just a topic for conjecture. Just don't like be limited to one fix if I break mine. The P2 was kind of nice to be able to MOD. Sure things will be coming for P3 eventually. The P3p is a great machine, hard to come up with any improvements for it. But we all love to MOD are toys.

Reactions: cmyk22
A smart person needs to figure the pinouts on the ribbon cables. Figure out power, ground, FC data, RC tilt, HDMI, etc. I don't think it should be too hard but it is slightly beyond my skill set. I would imagine a scope would be necessary.

Also curious about taking the VPS system off to save weight.

Why not just buy a P2 again.. just seems nuts to me ... buying a P3 and trying to make it a P2

why no do your research before you buy...... will save you time .......money ............effort

A smart person needs to figure the pinouts on the ribbon cables. Figure out power, ground, FC data, RC tilt, HDMI, etc. I don't think it should be too hard but it is slightly beyond my skill set. I would imagine a scope would be necessary.

Also curious about taking the VPS system off to save weight.

A smart person would own a inspire.. and maybe a P3................... dam I got both lol

Why not just buy a P2 again.. just seems nuts to me ... buying a P3 and trying to make it a P2

why no do your research before you buy...... will save you time .......money ............effort

time, money, effort = Flir Vue

Reactions: cmyk22

Missed my whole point.....But I expected that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj