I Wish

Reaction score
I wish DJI would slow down just a little , and try and to straighten out some of their issues. Like flyaways , flying crooked , have a adjustment for the crooked gimbal, etc. a lot of these things aren't new but have been going on and on.
Just seems they keep pumping new models out , that are getting more and more complex and expensive.
But wouldnt you think they'd work out some of the bugs ?
I've been flying RC for 40yrs and know there's alway a risk of crashing , but c'mon how about some customer service DJI.
I cant imagine Horizon or Futaba letting something like this go on and on. It must be nice to have a company and basically say we're making millions of dollars and **** the customer ! Why waste money on customer service , who cares they'll just keep coming back for more ! Sad thing is most of us do come back.

Mori55 said:
I wish DJI would slow down just a little , and try and to straighten out some of their issues. Like flyaways , flying crooked , have a adjustment for the crooked gimbal, etc. a lot of these things aren't new but have been going on and on.
Just seems they keep pumping new models out , that are getting more and more complex and expensive.
But wouldnt you think they'd work out some of the bugs ?
I've been flying RC for 40yrs and know there's alway a risk of crashing , but c'mon how about some customer service DJI.
I cant imagine Horizon or Futaba letting something like this go on and on. It must be nice to have a company and basically say we're making millions of dollars and **** the customer ! Why waste money on customer service , who cares they'll just keep coming back for more ! Sad thing is most of us do come back.

That's what it's all about isn't it? Money. Big corporations making big bucks and the consumers keep handing big wads of it over for inferior quality products. One can look at almost anything these days, cars, houses, whatever. They are being built quicker, the quality of the materials is poor in many cases & the human element is being removed & replaced by machines.
I remember having cars in the 70's/80's that were built like a tank, bunch of us would sit on the hood at the drive-in theaters. Imagine one person sitting on the hood of a modern car? It would have a dent the shape of your *** in it...

Yep, all about making as much money with as little expenditure as possible and we fall for it every time...

Reading about problems in a forum gives a severely skewed view of what is actually happening. If you see 50 people in a forum complaining about a fly-away, and assume that this represents even 25% of actually cases, then call it 200 fly-aways out of thousands that are sold every month, then the failure rate could actually be an extremely low percentage. If you had every person who has NOT had a problem report "Love it, works flawless" then it would look skewed the other way. I'm not trying to defend DJI, just pointing out that problem reports have to be in proper perspective to understand how wide spread they are and reading through a forum does not give any indication about how big of a problem one type of issue is.

If you go to RCGroups they have a poll.

Of course polls are what they are but it does show out of about 700 respondents 15% have lost their a/c.

Another 15% has had an in-flight problem but recovered.

So 3 out of 10 have problems, but we don't know what the contributing factors are (i.e. judgement, experience, weather, etc.)

I'm not making any case one way or the other here just showing some additional info.

Here's the link:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthre ... 00&page=73

That poll was interesting but I have to doubt any measure of accuracy. First off, many people who have issues seek out forums to try to find answers while the vast majority of users who never have issues will never visit the forum and then see the poll, or bother to take it. This skewing of data will represent a substantially high "failure" response along with no verification the voter had a problem, or if it was a copter issue or pilot error.

Let's take it completely at face value and say that the 105 people who reported an issue had a legitimate issue. That's 105 out of somewhere around 1,500 units a week being shipped into the US. You can't extrapolate that 15% of all users have problems unless you have a really solid data set which that poll attempts to, but fails to provide.

I made that clear, I thought, in my 2nd and 5th sentence.

RCGroups.com has a lot of experienced r/c members.

PhantomPilots.com???... not so sure what the percentage is but you read the posts here just like me.

Given the mass appeal and proliferation of this product, it does not surprise me that 1.5 - 3 of 10 Phantom purchasers have problems.

N017RW said:
Given the mass appeal and proliferation of this product, it does not surprise me that 1.5 - 3 of 10 Phantom purchasers have problems.

I seriously doubt the number is anywhere near that high. It is likely to be closer to 0.05% given the number that have been sold. Any product with a 15-30% failure rate would never make it in the market. The owner of XFly Systems has been selling Phantoms since the original and only this week did he actually have to refund someone because theirs keep descending out of control. None of the retailers could sustain complaints from that large of a percentage of buyers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers