I went for a short flight today, but was hindered by a message covering the middle of the screen.

Reaction score
The message asked Me to tick one of two boxes. One asked if I had permission, if needed. The other asked Me to take full responsibility. I tried both and confirmed. Neither seemed to confirm and message just stayed stuck in the middle of the screen.
I wondered if anybody had this problem, and hoed they overcame it ? Screenshot below.
708589e75a5318bec68cfe044d2cb334.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Never saw this message earlier.

Were you in a NFZ? Give us GPS location of the flying location.

Reactions: blomdido
The message asked Me to tick one of two boxes. One asked if I had permission, if needed. The other asked Me to take full responsibility. I tried both and confirmed. Neither seemed to confirm and message just stayed stuck in the middle of the screen.
I wondered if anybody had this problem, and hoed they overcame it ? Screenshot below.
708589e75a5318bec68cfe044d2cb334.jpg

Looks like the normal GEO authorization screen. Do you have GEO enabled in your app? I'm not certain, but I think the ability to disable GEO has not yet been removed from the app. You can try to disable it. Also, were you using your iPad Air? Did it have Internet access when you tried to make the choices on the screen?

i had the same message prior to flying about 1.5 miles from an airport with asphalt runway, no ATC tower, class g airspace. I would assume it's for a similar case where air traffic was expected to. e in the area you were flying. Funny thing is it's a one time confirm for that location.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I've never seen that but, I'm thinking you were in restricted airspace. We need your gps location to check. Fly safe[emoji106][emoji41]

Thank You everyone for Your kind replies. I was not in a no fly zone. I was near Reigate in Surrey. I am aware of aircraft flying to and from Gatwick, which is relatively near. Probably about 8 miles away if so. But I was only going to fly at 300 ft max. Besides, when I have tried to take off on edge of jurisdiction, it warns Me. And if I am within no fly zone, it simply won't take off.
I was using an iPad Air, but I do t have 3G on it. Lastly, nog sure of GEO position or how to find it, will it be within flight log ?
Also I have no idea how to reply to everyone individually, I find this app difficult to find what I want. There seems to be no notifications of replies. So I have to view My posts, then check for replies. I consider Myself to be a responsible pilot, unlike too many others, who are getting the rest of Us a bad name.
Thanks again for all Your replies, hopefully I won't get this again.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I get this message every time I fly. I always assumed it's because I'm within a 5 mile radius of an airport but I am also within 5 miles of the state capitol as well.

If you check both the box's the confirm button will be useable. I had this happen yesterday near an old private dirt strip that hasn't had a plan land on it since the 80's

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj