I Was Darn Lucky

Reaction score
So today I got my HDMI module in for my FatShark to use with my P3P. Everything installed fine, indoor test worked great, so time for the great outdoors. That's were things went bad. Quick trip over my house into the back yard and back.. Should have been no problem. That's when I decided to do some tree trimming. And as long as I'm up there, let's rearrange the roof antenna, bounce off the porch roof and into a tiny tikes play ground. The lovely video is

The screens of the phantom's death throws were very distressing. It ended up upside-down inside the playground on a concrete surface, blades still spinning. Only one blade broke, but they all got their hubs filed down quite a bit.
In the end, the blades were the only victim, that and my nerves. No cracks, no dislocation of the gimbal, nothing. I was darn lucky.

Last edited:
Your video is set as private..... Quite the crash though :)

No video, set to private as Reed mentioned. I would agree with you, you are very lucky. I bounced my P3S off a pine tree and it took out my gimbal lock mount and ripped the antenna wires off the camera board. Cost me ~40.00 bucks and some time to fixed it. I was surprised at just how fast these birds drop with the rotors shut down.. :eek: :)

So today I got my HDMI module in for my FatShark to use with my P3P. Everything installed fine, indoor test worked great, so time for the great outdoors. That's were things went bad. Quick trip over my house into the back yard and back.. Should have been no problem. That's when I decided to do some tree trimming. And as long as I'm up there, let's rearrange the roof antenna, bounce off the porch roof and into a tiny tikes play ground. The lovely video is

The screens of the phantom's death throws were very distressing. It ended up upside-down inside the playground on a concrete surface, blades still spinning. Only one blade broke, but they all got their hubs filed down quite a bit.
In the end, the blades were the only victim, that and my nerves. No cracks, no dislocation of the gimbal, nothing. I was darn lucky.
One thing for sure, next time I want to play with new electronics I'm going to find a nice open field where I can fly at low altitude. I've learned my lesson.

Wow that could have been a lot worse.

Also EVERYONE needs to think of (3) letters when they crash..... CSC! You can help minimize any after crash damage by stopping the motors ASAP.

OUCH at least only the props were damaged, it looks a lot worse than it was. Live to fly another day !!

Good idea. It didn't even cross my mind. Thanks.
Learning to fly R/C many moons ago I learned early on to try and "minimize momentum" so killing the props is 2nd nature now. For others in the hobby it may not seem like an obvious option but it really is.

That video looked very familiar at the end. That is the way I have ended my video's too. Glad you only suffered minor damage.

You know... it's a good thing these things are drones, otherwise half of us would be dead by now. (Including me.)

SB

Reactions: NRJ

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20