I was almost robbed of my Phantom tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
steveeds said:
I've watched about every Open Carry video on Utube, forgive me I knew you could carry where lawful but couldn't have a bullet loaded as such?, in the chamber I think it's called. I watch all cops good and bad videos, well everything to do will the world really.
It does give a view of how the world is moving.

You guys and guns, very scary. I shot a rabbit years ago and wounded it, vowed I'd never do a gun again..ever.
It's a different story if you did have to shoot, I ran over a person and it still haunts me, over his feat as he tried to jump out of the way just before he jumped in front of the car, not a clever boy.

You can carry one in the chamber here. IMO what good is a gun that you have to first rack the slide? By that time, you probably will have a bullet headed your way.

I went to a doctor's office, carrying openly. He wanted to do a darn cystoscope, so I pulled my gun, in the holster and laid it down. He looked at the .45 and said: "That gun is cocked!" He said it could go off.

I said that guns that aren't touched do not "go off." I then said: For that pistol to fire, first the holster's strap that is between the hammer and firing pin would have to be unsnapped and moved out of the way. Then, the pistol has to be removed from the holster, then the safety has to be turned off, then the grip safety has to be de-activated by gripping the pistol and at the same time, the trigger has to be pulled. Only then, will it "GO OFF!"

I have no problem if others don't want to carry. It doesn't make sense to me, but not once have I gone up to someone and told them they need to carry a gun or ridiculing them for not carrying. But, some have treated me that way. Is that right? I hate cigarette smoke. In fact, I'm highly allergic to it. Even if someone has been around a smoker, the stink on their clothes causes difficulty with breathing. After just a minute or so, I can't breath through my nostrils and then, I get a severe sinus headache that then triggers a migraine.

It is MUCH worse when around smoke. When people could sit down near you, in a restaurant, I would change tables. But, I still got a severe reaction. Not once did I approach a smoker and express my opinion. We are all having a friendly discussion or I wouldn't be sharing this. If I sit near an anti-gun person, they will indeed interrupt my lunch to share their anti-gun opinions. All I say is I understand. I hope you get my point. My gun doesn't cause an allergic reaction. Don't look at it if it bothers you. Do what I did, move to another table.

Everytime there is a mass shooting, I first feel for the families. But, then I prepare for the attack. Because some nut illegally obtains a weapon or goes nuts, then the assault on gun owners begins. I'm shocked as I see it another way. Had one person there, had a gun, then perhaps the only person getting shot would be the nut case. Laws only disarm lawful people. Criminals do not abide by laws!! (Climbing off my soap box!) BTW this is ON topic!

This is not a gun debate. I'll say it again, only post here if your story is directly related to the original post. Please do not post your opinions on guns here. Thank you.

Reactions: dirkclod
Isn't it funny how they suddenly have to be somewhere else immediately when the gun makes an appearance?

Glad you didn't get robbed.

CameraGuy said:
So....... I'm going on a cruise ship out of Miami in a couple of weeks.......do I need a fully automatic assault weapon for my 21 hours in Miami?

Honestly guys, you are the only 1st world nation in the world that feel you all need to be armed. You don't need healthcare for all citizens, but each of you needs to own multiple weapons.

It's not something to be proud of, but rather embarrassed about. You are 330 million people out of 7 billion in the world. The rest of the world is not wrong..... Do the math

Sorry, this subject angers me.

Let it anger you! I suggest in 15-20 years you will wish otherwise as folks swarm Europe from across the Med sea

but to You, one of the other 6 billion plus people on the planet.

I ASK THIS:

WHO the hec do you ALL(6.6 Billion) call to cover your buts when the **** hits the fan?

Yep, us embarrassingly crazy and SAFEST people in the world
I wouldn't want it any other way

Good Job OP

by CameraGuy » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:42 am

For those asking, I'm Canadian.

I have travelled extensively in North America and to a few parts of Europe. I've never had an issue personally, but I don't think everyone needs to be armed.

People who stand behind the 2nd amendment mostly have not read it. It doesn't say what you believe it says.

What a uppity pretentious Know it all

T0 actually say We are too stupid to comprehend the 2nd. But you, our world traveler does read and comprehend it the correct Canadian way.
dufus!

kirk2579 said:
Yep, us embarrassingly crazy and SAFEST people in the world

Safest? Is today opposite day?

Next you're gonna tell me that everyone flies their Phantom safely. :D

LuvMyTJ said:
This is not a gun debate. I'll say it again, only post here if your story is directly related to the original post. Please do not post your opinions on guns here. Thank you.

Sorry, I didn't see where you saiid it the first time. :)

Edit: Would it be acceptable had it been posted in off topic? If so, could it be moved?

newdayoutdoors said:
WE ... the USA citizens ARE THE MILITIA! This has been upheld at the highest level of our court system since we were founded. The Founders intended US ... the USA citizen ... to be the Militia and to be able to stand up to all that oppose our core beliefs, rights, and values ... including our own government should they pose a threat to these founding principles. Without the 2nd Amendment ... there are no other freedoms. Let me re-quote the last part ... "the RIGHT of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED." Pretty clear ...

Yet here we are years after the Snowden release and noone really seems to care that the entire digital lives of the American public are being stored in a giant data center.
Why isn't anyone out with their weapons shooting at gov't buildings (or whatever the plan is)?

LNDqpor.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic