I was almost robbed of my Phantom tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
CameraGuy said:
So....... I'm going on a cruise ship out of Miami in a couple of weeks.......do I need a fully automatic assault weapon for my 21 hours in Miami?

Honestly guys, you are the only 1st world nation in the world that feel you all need to be armed. You don't need healthcare for all citizens, but each of you needs to own multiple weapons.

It's not something to be proud of, but rather embarrassed about. You are 330 million people out of 7 billion in the world. The rest of the world is not wrong..... Do the math

Sorry, this subject angers me.
No the rest of the world is not wrong ..just mad :shock: Go on over somewhere and tell em your a pacifist and maybe you'll come back with your head !
I'm not embarrassed I'm proud !!!!
Some of the other country's don't have to have permits they just carry whatever !
It don't matter where you are at anymore as there are some folks plotting to get ya and I refuse not to be able to protect myself or anyone else around me that can't do so !
Sorry , this subject angers me also .
Hope ya have a nice cruise ;)

CameraGuy said:
So....... I'm going on a cruise ship out of Miami in a couple of weeks.......do I need a fully automatic assault weapon for my 21 hours in Miami?

Honestly guys, you are the only 1st world nation in the world that feel you all need to be armed. You don't need healthcare for all citizens, but each of you needs to own multiple weapons.

It's not something to be proud of, but rather embarrassed about. You are 330 million people out of 7 billion in the world. The rest of the world is not wrong..... Do the math

Where do you live?

ccase39 said:
There is a 2 phase shopping center development where I fly. The first phase is finished and has an Acadamy, Best Buy, etc in it but they just broke ground on phase 2 and right now it is just a huge field. I stopped there tonight after work to mess around some. I was minding my own business flying when a low rider pulled into the Acadamy parking lot and parked. The parking lot is 100 or so yards away, I dont fly over it.
A bunch of kids got out and were just hanging out talking for a while until one of them spotted my bird. I could here them talking about it but couldnt understand what they were saying completely. I brought the bird in closer to me to land and change batteries and I heard one of them say "there he is". A few minutes later as I was loading my Phantom into the case they drove up and five of them got out. They started asking the generic questions and I figured like most everyone else I encounter they were just curious. All of a sudden one of them said "what would you do if someone stole it" I told them it wouldnt matter because they would have to have my flight code (B.S), then another one said something like "what if we took it from you, what are you going to do about it?"
I realized they were serious and one of them went back to the truck and opened the door like he was getting something. I pulled out my Rugar (I have a concealed carry permit and always wear one when I come home from work). I told them they could either run, now, or they could wait for the police but either way the police would be called. Needless to say they hauled ***.
I immedietly called the police and withing 3 minutes an officer pulled up. I told him what happened and gave them a description of the truck. As he was getting my information and checking out my permit he got a call in that another officer had found them. After some time it turns out that when they got stopped the officer found a bunch of stolen stuff in the truck. The officer I was talking to told me that there had been some car break ins in the parking lot that they had been getting calls on and thats why he was so close and got there so fast when I called. Few minutes later another police car pulls up and sure enough two of them were in the back. Officer asked me if it was them and I said yes.
Apparantly the other 3 had run when they got pulled over. He asked me if I happened to have any video of the incident or any video of the parking lot where I might have caught them on video. I didnt because I wasnt over the parking lot and wasnt filming. By the time it was all said and done there were a total of 6 police cars around me and eventually it turned into a conversation about drones and the Phantom. One of them said he was looking into Walkera but I think I might have sold him on a Phantom lol.

This is probably one of the crazyest things that has ever happened to me.

Another form to deal with a Flyaway. :lol:

Pretty genius if you think about it. No country in their right mind would ground attack the US. Not only do you have to fight the military, you have to fight everyone carrying guns. I know more people with gins in Texas than I do without them.

LordEvil said:
Pretty genius if you think about it. No country in their right mind would ground attack the US. Not only do you have to fight the military, you have to fight everyone carrying guns. I know more people with gins in Texas than I do without them.
I got to agree with you on that and all the folks that don't have one will be standing behind those that do or running !

LordEvil said:
You are correct. Also people in Texas never have enough ammo. :lol: I live up the road from you & I have a gun range within 10 miles every direction from my house. I even have a Glock dealer with a range next door to my Photography Studio.

I wonder he is located because i see alot of youngs guys in CT and NY that do the same thing.....i`m the owner of both the PV Plus and the Yunceec q-500 and maybe i should carry my weapon

StorminD said:
I wonder he is located because i see alot of youngs guys in CT and NY that do the same thing.....i`m the owner of both the PV Plus and the Yunceec q-500 and maybe i should carry my weapon
Lol. How do you like the Q-500? Does the slow camera movement bug you?

For the Europeans out there. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't Switzerland one of the safest countries? Doesn't everyone have a gun and must be trained with a gun? Why hasn't this country been invaded? Just saying.

I am in Mississippi(no bad jokes please) and I have a carry permit. One stays in my car. I am trained and I wish more were trained. If they were maybe they would not be scared of guns.

Just remember the American Revolution. The British wanted to take away our guns so we could not up rise against them. As in the government should be scared of the people not the people scared of the government. Keep it simple, never let the government take the guns away from honest civilians. Or become the Soviet Union where people feared the government.

Larry L said:
LordEvil said:
You are correct. Also people in Texas never have enough ammo. :lol: I live up the road from you & I have a gun range within 10 miles every direction from my house. I even have a Glock dealer with a range next door to my Photography Studio.

I'd have no money for phantoms. :D

kmktm520 said:
For the Europeans out there. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't Switzerland one of the safest countries? Doesn't everyone have a gun and must be trained on a gun? Why hasn't this country been invaded? Just saying.

I am in Mississippi(no bad jokes please) and I have a carry permit. One stays in my car. I am trained and I wish more were trained. If they were maybe they would not be scared of guns.

Just remember the American Revolution. The British wanted to take away our guns so we could not up rise against them. As in the government should be scared of the people not the people scared of the government. Keep it simple, never let the government take the guns away from honest civilians. Or become the Soviet Union where people feared the government.
That's trained with a gun my fellow Mississippian ;)

:D
Hi y'all.

Some of us have different laws and history.

Some localities have high crime rates.

I'm glad the OP had knowledge and legal firearm to help stop crime.

MHL

Marlin009 said:
Larry L said:
LordEvil said:

I'd have no money for phantoms. :D
That is why I only have one & no inspire :(

dirkclod said:
kmktm520 said:
For the Europeans out there. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't Switzerland one of the safest countries? Doesn't everyone have a gun and must be trained on a gun? Why hasn't this country been invaded? Just saying.

That's trained with a gun my fellow Mississippian ;)

Good point. Edit made. :D

CameraGuy said:

You are right. There is a major problem here. The problem is our crime rate. Our prison system is a multi billion dollar enterprise and they are all full. To deal with the problem of prison overpopulation we decide to let many people out to make room for other prisoners who should never be allowed to walk the streets.

Our focus on mental health care is a joke. Many of these prison inmates are more in need of mental health help than imprisonment. We give a drug addict 5 years in prison and we let a rapist go to make room for him. Then the rapist goes out and not only rapes a woman or child but murders them in the process. But what the hell at least we got the addict or better yet the guy who got caught with an ounce of pot locked up . 95% of violent crimes are commited by people who have had multiple offenses.\

There is a lot of social change that needs to happen in this country but taking law abiding citizens guns away is not one of them.

Not everyone here feels the need to carry a gun either. Many gun owners are hunters, collectors, target shooters, etc and never carry a firearm.

For those asking, I'm Canadian.

I have travelled extensively in North America and to a few parts of Europe. I've never had an issue personally, but I don't think everyone needs to be armed.

People who stand behind the 2nd amendment mostly have not read it. It doesn't say what you believe it says.

Canada, UK, Ireland, Austraila, Japan, and most of Europe have much stricter gun laws, and the percentage of death by fire arm is considerably lower than that of the USA.

Those same countries have superior and less expensive (sometimes free) healthcare.

That's all I am sayin.

Falling off the soapbox now.

D

A FACT is ... in the USA, the lowest violent crime rates happen in the cities/towns/areas which have the highest percentage of legal gun owners and those who legally carry firearms. In cities/towns/areas where few legally are allowed to carry the violent crime rate goes up drastically. That is a FACT. Chicago (and the state of Illinois in general) is and always will be the prime example of that.

You will never remove the guns from the criminal's hands. And even if you could a criminal will use whatever means necessary to commit a violent crime.

CameraGuy ... maybe YOU ought to read what the 2nd Amendment says. Let me quote it for you ...

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

WE ... the USA citizens ARE THE MILITIA! This has been upheld at the highest level of our court system since we were founded. The Founders intended US ... the USA citizen ... to be the Militia and to be able to stand up to all that oppose our core beliefs, rights, and values ... including our own government should they pose a threat to these founding principles. Without the 2nd Amendment ... there are no other freedoms. Let me re-quote the last part ... "the RIGHT of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED." Pretty clear ...

From my cold dead hand ... then and only then you can take my guns ... but good luck with that because I am betting that my fellow supporters of the 2nd Amendment would be there to defend me in what I would die to defend.

That being said, I love my guns. My family, friends, and I have a lot of fun spending time at the shooting range and hunting. I have a vast collection of guns ... even those ... gasp ... evil black ones. :D I do carry a handgun ... not every waking minute but yes when I feel the need. There is seldom a time when a gun is not close by as well. I pray to God that I never have to use one to end a violent altercation, but if it was ever needed I'd use it to defend myself or loved ones and not think twice about it.

So DJI Phantoms ... pretty cool UAV's huh ... :cool:

Monte55 said:
Guns also can prevent flyaways....but ya gotta be a good shot

Excellent point Monte55! :lol:

I have been know to compare UAV rights with gun rights due to the passion of the people both for and against and with a similar story of a useful tool that can also be used for evil. I never figured the two would crash into each other in the forums. If I don't tighten up on this thread it will continue to go off the rails forever. I believe everyone has had they're say in regards to gun rights so if your story doesn't include Phantoms & gunplay it will have to go off topic. Thanks ;)

dirkclod said:
Fyod I agree with ya on there shouldn't be a need but there is a need here and everywhere else that I have seen ! After looking at the crime rate in Central Europe after you said you didn't carry or knew anyone that did you might ought to !
Just because you have never been threatened don't mean you will always be that lucky ! I hope you are but the whole world done went mad !

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj