I want to fly further

Yes. DJI makes the "device" that you are looking for.

They call it a "user manual."

Hey Spudgun,

I don't think sputnik knew what you meant.
He's talking about something else.

Tx range entension is discussed on this forum.
Many exceed the radio's advertised 1kM spec. with stock equipment.

Options include directional antennas, radio upgrades, etc.

Look around a bit.

There is no 1km limit unless it has been set in Assistant. You need to work on your question.

Yooo spudo.

I've flown out to 1.65kms with a stock transmitter before it's lost signal and started heading back to me - regained control at about 1.3kms. Video was a bit flakey (fatshark+immersion) but still could see what was happening ok.

Hey BigBadFun, good to see I have an Alli in all this who understands the problems we face using these in NZ.Just wanted to know what fpv system you were using?

cheers Spudz

spudgun said:
Hey BigBadFun, good to see I have an Alli in all this who understands the problems we face using these in NZ.Just wanted to know what fpv system you were using? cheers Spudz

Hey Spudz, I got the following from HobbyKing:

1x #FSDOMSET/19445 FatShark Dominator 3rd Generation modular FPV System = $289.90
1x #TX_5G8_600/17507 ImmersionRC 5.8Ghz Audio/Video Transmitter - FatShark compatible (600mw) = $69.95
1x #277000008-0/44835 Immersion Fatshark SpiroNET CP Patch 5.8GHz Antenna (SMA) 13dBi Gain = $69.00

It's OK. Although I might upgrade to the DominatorHD goggles when they are released. The ordinary Dominator's only have a 25 degree field of view, but the HD ones are 45 degrees - much more immersive. I've just ordered a IBCrazy 5.8GHz 9.5dbic Helical antenna for the goggles to get better reception also.

Have you bought anything from aliexpress?Thier stuff is obviously Chinese knocks, but sometimes this stuff can be ok.For example I see blades are like US $3-$5 a pair and batterys US $129.Real, real cheap but not sure if it's worth a gamble or not.Check it out , especially that just about everything off there is free shipping.

sputnik said:
Yes. DJI makes the "device" that you are looking for.

They call it a "user manual."

I LOL'ed and probably would have said something similarly snarky, considering the 1km default limit is very clearly a user configurable setting in the software... the way the question was phrased halfway deserved that kind of response. at least he wasn't rude it was just funny.

anywho spud you're clear about that now ya? the 1km isn't an equipment limitation, it's a software restriction you can set to be whatever you want via Phantom Assistant just like the height limit but make sure you understand the laws in your country for example out of the box the Phantom can go to an illegal US height. anyway the RC will reach much farther go check out all the guys doing distance competitions on Youtube.

talking about other peripherals.. I personally wouldn't cut corners for a few percentage points of saving. a pair of official DJI blades is $20usd, and there are "2 packs" of official blades (full set of 4 blades) on Amazon for $35usd saving you $5 off retail... but make sure to check the comments and stuff and be wary of any blades under the "official" retail price... there are several guys on amazon selling blade pairs for $10-$14usd that are fakes advertised as real. Common wisdom around here is it's very unwise to mix DJI and non-DJI props.

talking about adding FPV equipment... pretty much the cheapest place online for that stuff is BangGood.com. the stuff may take a few weeks like mine took 5 to arrive from asia to the US but if you're in NZ it might be quicker but if you're not in a hurry you can save $ on your FPV Tx and for example the Boscam RX-LCD5802 that a lot of people here run is $60-$70 cheaper on banggood than any US store I've seen. fwiw, I got the like $10 antennas from BG and they're crap I should have known better.
If you're trying to get good FPV long distance, you'll have to splurge on antennas. There's a really nice 3 antenna set (1 Tx, 2 Rx) on FPVLR.com here but folks are getting plenty of distance out of cheaper sets too. I'm sure somebody in AU/NZ makes good antennas

cheers for the info, yeah I should have read the manual better.I did see the article about the cone shape and it's limatations but havn't actually got to that stage yet as I'm still flying in gps mode.Where I live the TBE is quite bad at the start, but does come right after about 6 minutes of flying.I'm waiting for the firmware update before I start taking it into other areas other than the open fields i'm flying in at the moment.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20