I want a new app....

Reaction score
First of all, props to PVFlyer, FPVLR and ocatcr for all the hard work they've put into the product, in fact I've purchased product from all 3....

I had 2 or 3 app choices with the AR Drone and I'd like to see better app choices for the Vision Plus also...come on devs, no need to piggyback this app, write your own!!!! a real time dash overlay would be awesome....

the SDK (software development kit) isn't available from DJI.. so it's all undocumented and it would be a huge PITA to reverse engineer and figure out how to reproduce the control features otherwise... the man-hours to make that happen would be easily in the 100's of hours.

Yeah I want at least a new app option that will allow me to increase the descend speed.

And then add a option to increase forward & reverse speed.

For ALL 3 options I would give $100 for the cause. I'm sure others would contribute.

For those of us that enjoy making attempts at overall distance flights, we are severely crippled with what we are able to do.

Jayson Hanes said:
the SDK (software development kit) isn't available from DJI.. so it's all undocumented and it would be a huge PITA to reverse engineer and figure out how to reproduce the control features otherwise... the man-hours to make that happen would be easily in the 100's of hours.

I wonder how many signatures it would take for DJI to release it.... :mrgreen:

I find it very short sighted of DJI...they've already sold the bird, enhancing customer satisfaction would absolutely increase brand loyalty. Like Frank said, just let me drive the thing the way I want; ascent, descent etc....I want my altitude in an ascending graph on the left rail, adjustable boost controls, ch7 full time, distance, air speed, sats etc in a box on the bottom right all in real time....all this stuff is readily available but the formatting sucks....

EDIT: Yep, I'll throw a hundy at that one....somebody start a kickstarter!

Full screen FPV with larger text for the flight data ... The ability to choose which flight data you want displayed and where and when and the ability to record that on your device without running some other app... boost wifi signal without some other app and keep boost level on screen for flight confidence... 7th channel without some other app... Real time wifi strength indicator that actually works and doesn't just show full bars until you lose FPV... Real time control signal strength so you know you're gonna lose it BEFORE you lose it... Both of those with actual RSSI numerical display option instead of dummy bars if you choose... data logging of all pertinent flight info with CSV and KML output to device memory selectable

And an actual waypoint feature... program what you want it to do when reaching a waypoint... program which way camera is facing... option to yaw while in waypoint mode and "look around"... circle a waypoint with camera pointing at said waypoint... interrupt mission temporarily then resume... etc...

And TAKE PICTURES WHILE VIDEO IS RECORDING FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD!!!

DBS said:
Full screen FPV with larger text for the flight data ... The ability to choose which flight data you want displayed and where and when and the ability to record that on your device without running some other app... boost wifi signal without some other app and keep boost level on screen for flight confidence... 7th channel without some other app... Real time wifi strength indicator that actually works and doesn't just show full bars until you lose FPV... Real time control signal strength so you know you're gonna lose it BEFORE you lose it... Both of those with actual RSSI numerical display option instead of dummy bars if you choose... data logging of all pertinent flight info with CSV and KML output to device memory selectable

And an actual waypoint feature... program what you want it to do when reaching a waypoint... program which way camera is facing... option to yaw while in waypoint mode and "look around"... circle a waypoint with camera pointing at said waypoint... interrupt mission temporarily then resume... etc...

And TAKE PICTURES WHILE VIDEO IS RECORDING FOR CRYIN OUT LOUD!!!

The sad thing is all of these and more are possible with a little effort from DJI.... :!:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20