i want a fast prop

Reaction score
I want as much speed as i can out of my Phantom, its only my mess about so not bother if they cause jello or side-effects like that. I've got the DJI 9443's, 9450 & DJI carbons but been thinking about the aftermarket triple-blade props you can get from ebay. Wouldn't normally dream of buying them, but just need more speed. Will i get it with them, or anyone recommend a quick prop

Reactions: p fandango
being impatient i've ordered a set of triple blades anyway

being impatient i've ordered a set of triple blades anyway
9450s are the fastest you're going to get. If you need to go faster go to the assistant and make one of your toggle switches manual mode, now that's fast

For any significant speed increase you will need to hack the firmware. Max speed is largely determined by the pitch angle of the AC.

Speed is determinate by several factors. A major contributor is the max pitch or roll angles. These are fixed and will not be affected by props.
There are downsides too as to more load on the airframe, motors, or battery resulting in less efficiency and increased stress.
The frame/motor/prop/ESC combo is optimized for a camera platform.

9450s are the fastest you're going to get. If you need to go faster go to the assistant and make one of your toggle switches manual mode, now that's fast
i've never tried full manual mode. Bet it wouldn't be long before I crash, but might try it ;)

i've never tried full manual mode. Bet it wouldn't be long before I crash, but might try it ;)
do not.
Many have enough trouble with ATTI. You need a well balanced Phantom to fly manual. I can tell you now, if you have any attachments such as cameras, transmitters etc, it will create a bias and make it very difficult to control. There is NO trim setting on the Phantoms.

But if you insist, then make sure you goto an open clear field and get the phantom high as you visibly can and keep your finger on the toggle to switch to GPS in case you **** yourself.

do not.
Many have enough trouble with ATTI. You need a well balanced Phantom to fly manual. I can tell you now, if you have any attachments such as cameras, transmitters etc, it will create a bias and make it very difficult to control. There is NO trim setting on the Phantoms.

But if you insist, then make sure you goto an open clear field and get the phantom high as you visibly can and keep your finger on the toggle to switch to GPS in case you **** yourself.
I agree with Mako, you need to be in an open field and you need to know that you probably will crash. A word to the wise, take off from the ground in manual mode and then climb to a height where you can switch to GPS and recover if things get sketchy. It is a fast thrilling experience, which I tried once and then quickly removed it in the assistant, that being said, everybody should try it once[emoji41]

Reactions: p fandango
I agree with Mako, you need to be in an open field and you need to know that you probably will crash. A word to the wise, take off from the ground in manual mode and then climb to a height where you can switch to GPS and recover if things get sketchy. It is a fast thrilling experience, which I tried once and then quickly removed it in the assistant, that being said, everybody should try it once[emoji41]
Oh by the way it'll be about 40 seconds, then you'll crash[emoji41]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4