I thought the RX charged up the phone/tablet?

Reaction score
I was out tonight testing IOC in
My usual field. I was under the impression that the transmitter would charge up the phone/tablet. Made the charge up noise, but I got the message 'battery under 10%' and it died soon after that.

No big issue as it was only a few feet away and I could bring it in safely, but if the Tx was charging it, there wouldn't be an issue.

Tonight I was using my iPhone 6 instead of the usual iPad as it was just testing.

Btw, IOC works fine. Exactly the same as the P2s.

My iPad will not charge from any USB port. Desktop, laptop etc. It has to be plugged into the charger. I believe the noise you heard is it recognizing the USB connection in general. Also, my iPad will say "not charging" when connected to a USB port other than the charger. I believe the iPad requires a certain amount of current to start the charging process that it not commonly available on computers etc. I take an external USB battery operated charger with me in the field which will charge the iPad/phone etc.

Geo

I haven't tried it on the P3 yet, although used it more than a few times with the P2. Probably should try it out.

My iPad will not charge from any USB port. Desktop, laptop etc. It has to be plugged into the charger. I believe the noise you heard is it recognizing the USB connection in general. Also, my iPad will say "not charging" when connected to a USB port other than the charger. I believe the iPad requires a certain amount of current to start the charging process that it not commonly available on computers etc. I take an external USB battery operated charger with me in the field which will charge the iPad/phone etc.

Geo

That's strange about your iPad. I charge my 3rd gen and Mini 3 using USB on the MacBook as well as a Belkin surge protector.

Geo

It can be a bit misleading, my iPad will say "not charging" when it's connected to a regular (rather than high power) USB port but it does actually charge albeit quite slowly.

Geo
Problem with that is that the port on the iPad/iPhone is that it's plugged in to the Tx. I also had a juicer that I often used with my P2 for the phone.

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Homer-Simpson-Doh.jpg

Connor goes out with a low phone battery and blames the tx

Reactions: happydays
I think the TX is only rated at 0.5 or 0.7 amps (1 at max) = nokia phones. The newer devices need minimum 2.1 amp chargers to if you want to charge and use at the same time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20