i think the version 1.1.0 is the problem! Video is BAD!

It doesn't work fine for everyone else I'm constantly reading about issues with it and I am experiencing the same things. It happens for me when I switch from video to photo and back. I always close every app before I fly and I am on iPad Air 2 flying p3a. I never used another version of the app so I have no reference there but it feels like a software issue.

That's very strange, have a mini, air and air 2. They all perform beautiful, haven't noticed any difference between this app and the last. Make sure your on the newest version of ios and app. Biggest thing on ios make sure you have hardware decoder on.

Reactions: Skip holden
That's very strange, have a mini, air and air 2. They all perform beautiful, haven't noticed any difference between this app and the last. Make sure your on the newest version of ios and app. Biggest thing on ios make sure you have hardware decoder on.
Thanks for the tip I did not have hardware decoder on.

62231693.jpg
As I've said before, i use a tab s 8.4 running lollipop and i have not updated to any of the firmwares and i am not experiencing the issues many of you complain about. Also just fyi the tab s has a six core gpu and 8 core cpu....it is way capable of handling the pilot app.
According to most people you MUST either use ipad mini or nvidia shield.....hog wash !

I've had the old version 1.0.1 and 1.0.6, and then installed the new 1.1.0 version (without doing a factory reset between), works with no issues.
It's not the app.

For reference, I'm using a Dell 7840 tablet.

You are dead Wrong my friend, Too may people having the same experience all on different phones and tablets, It's the FW 1.1.9 being compatible with the Pilot App 1.1.0 and the AOS of 4.4.1 or Lollipop 5.0.2

View attachment 21532 As I've said before, i use a tab s 8.4 running lollipop and i have not updated to any of the firmwares and i am not experiencing the issues many of you complain about. Also just fyi the tab s has a six core gpu and 8 core cpu....it is way capable of handling the pilot app.
According to most people you MUST either use ipad mini or nvidia shield.....hog wash !

I have the same Tablet using Lollipop also, What is your current FWare, and Pilot APP? Please.

I have the same Tablet using Lollipop also, What is your current FWare, and Pilot APP? Please.
Hi, off top of my head i don't know fw version number but i got my p3 the first week it went on sale and have not done a single update....so that version and I'm running the android version from dji site.....
running this rom on tab s 8.4 wifi http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3099627
tablet stays cooler than it did on stock rom...dev made edits that kept temperatures down.

Definitely a software problem. Inspire fliers were using the Tab S without trouble until recently. And the Tab S works fine with my P3P at first, but gets worse over time. So, there's some problem similar to a memory leak in the software that builds up over time.

It is probably a bug in the Pilot app. But, it could be a problem in the version of Lollipop running on the Tab S. The problems seemed to have started around the time the Tab S was upgraded to Lollipop.

-- Roger

But how is it's graphics chip? That's where the power is needed.

Mate I'm sorry to say, but u may have missed the point here...

CPU load does not change during the whole flight... 43% for the DJI app.

Flight starts off good.... but after a few mins drops off.

Not a heat problem.... winter here 10c...

Not a battery problem.... 100%

1.1.8 FW was fine... never had this problem.

testing with GPS On or Off does make a difference... (See my 2 videos)

IF I drop a heap of $$ on a DJI recommended device? and it have the same problem as now and that others are reporting....?? What will DJI do? I'm guessing like now and not answer my support calls after 2 weeks?

Just looking for some support on my $1500 device which I love... the video is fantastic.

Regs Chris

Definitely a software problem. Inspire fliers were using the Tab S without trouble until recently. And the Tab S works fine with my P3P at first, but gets worse over time. So, there's some problem similar to a memory leak in the software that builds up over time.

It is probably a bug in the Pilot app. But, it could be a problem in the version of Lollipop running on the Tab S. The problems seemed to have started around the time the Tab S was upgraded to Lollipop.

-- Roger

My TAB S not running Lollipop, running the STD kitkat.. My problems started at 1.1.9 firmware.

Regs Chris

Flight starts off good.... but after a few mins drops off.

That's why I am sure that it's not a problem with the tablet's CPU or GPU not being fast enough. If that were the case, the display would lag or break up from the start. In my case, it is not until some time well into the flight that it starts to lag then crashes or hangs.

-- Roger

Hi, off top of my head i don't know fw version number but i got my p3 the first week it went on sale and have not done a single update....so that version and I'm running the android version from dji site.....
running this rom on tab s 8.4 wifi http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3099627
tablet stays cooler than it did on stock rom...dev made edits that kept temperatures down.

So you could be running 1.1.8 firmware?

As you say you never updated it.

Please confirm.

Thxs mate.

You can verify your Firmware and Pilot app in the pilot app, Turn on your Tablet, then turn on your P3 Make sure you are in the P mode on your Remote, then boot up your Pilot App on the tablet, touch the Camera, then touch the P-OPTI mode at the top-left of your screen, then touch the 4-Dots at the bottom left, then use your finger to scroll up the page, you will see at the very bottom there is an " About" touch that, there are your current versions of both your Firmware and the DJI Pilot App.

Please confirm your findings.

-- Roger

The Android OS will never be the problem, When Google release's a Version of there AOS, it's up the Application developers to make there Apps work with the current AOS ! Not the other way around.

My question would be then: it's the exact same apk file that is downloaded so why the problem? It's either the device, what software was used to download it or why the device is having problems using it? Maybe if someone who has a tab s 10.4 could backup their apk with es file explorer and Dropbox it here and someone who is having problems use that instead? That might narrow it down a bit?

My TAB S not running Lollipop, running the STD kitkat.. My problems started at 1.1.9 firmware.

Regs Chris

It does not matter, Either the KIT-KAT 4.4.2 or the Lollipop 5.0.4 , they both have the same issues! It's the Android Pilot App V1.1.0 and the Firmware 1.1.9 that are the problem period! I'd bet my Mortgage on it!

It does not matter, Either the KIT-KAT 4.4.2 or the Lollipop 5.0.4 , they both have the same issues! It's the Android Pilot App V1.1.0 and the Firmware 1.1.9 that are the problem period! I'd bet my Mortgage on it!
Don't go betting your mortgage on software problems you've already betted enough

The Android OS will never be the problem, When Google release's a Version of there AOS, it's up the Application developers to make there Apps work with the current AOS ! Not the other way around.

Yeah .. right. I forgot that there are never any bugs in a new version of an operating system. :)

Anyway, I meant that it could be a problem introduced when the tablet was upgraded to Lollipop. But, I am not in any hurry to try reverting mine to Kit Kat to see.

-- Roger

Since the app works fine for everyone else, it's unlikely that it is the cause of your problem.

Doesn't work fine for me. Since the update, its been nothing but an issue for me. Used to be great, now terrible. I'm using a samsung galaxy tab S 8.4" which isn't the fastest thing but lets not kid ourselves into thinking its a slouch.

Works fine with iPhone 5s running the updated app, so that pretty much limits it to how the app is running on the tablet (as the only app running btw).

edit: terrible is really an overstatement. But FPV is just no longer smooth. Its very choppy. At times a second delay between each image. I know where I'm going but no thanks to the FPV.

Again I'm thinking either it the tablet or if you didn't remove the original app first. You are more than the first person having problems with the Samsung tab s

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj