i think the version 1.1.0 is the problem! Video is BAD!

Reaction score
O.K. So here it is folks. I have been doing some flying with both the pilot app version 1.0.1 and the newer version which comes with the director on it as part of the app. I noticed last night that I have had smooth video with the old app and yet when flying with the exact same setting in the new app the video is garbage. It stutters and doesn't play back well at all either. So both in FPV and during playback you have trash!

I am going to retest this whole thing again today as I have already done the newer version and gotten the same crappy results. I will repost on this again and let you know what I discover but I have a strong feeling that it isn't the tablet but a glitch in the new version pilot app. As with any new toy released, the hardest part is finding out what bugs you have to dodge before you can get a chance to actually enjoy it. RRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Reactions: The English Guy
Factory Reset your device or completely remove the old app manually.

Reactions: ctp
Opposite for me. The old app was absolute garbage. Contstant lag, NO SIGNAL, disconnected, phone over heating... You get the idea; Infuriating. Upgraded today and although it is too early to judge, I am impressed. Minimized lag, no disconnection, zero no signal issues, phone was hot as all hell (G3). I've been lucky I suppose.

Opposite for me. The old app was absolute garbage. Contstant lag, NO SIGNAL, disconnected, phone over heating... You get the idea; Infuriating. Upgraded today and although it is too early to judge, I am impressed. Minimized lag, no disconnection, zero no signal issues, phone was hot as all hell (G3). I've been lucky I suppose.

That's freaking insane! I wished mine would respond to the new app. I don't get to enjoy the benefits that the new app gives. The gps count is the biggest one I wished I had. I wanted to write down my counts as I went to different places. I have left emails with DJI however nothing as of yet.

I did finish my testing yesterday and it was confermed, it is definitely the app that is affecting my flight. Wish they could figure out why and get me working with the new one. Thanks for responding and good luck with the temperature issue. The only thing I can think to do is to fly with the battery cover off and see if it helps.

Thanks again.

You don't say what device you are using? I'd say it's more than likely a problem with your phone or tablet. Have you tried it with another COMPATIBLE device?

I've had the old version 1.0.1 and 1.0.6, and then installed the new 1.1.0 version (without doing a factory reset between), works with no issues.
It's not the app.

For reference, I'm using a Dell 7840 tablet.

Last edited:
The lag on video subject seemed to pop on forums after the latest ios app release and not the latest 1.9 firmware.

App disconnect how ever came after the 1.9 firmware and it still showing at the top of forums daily, i did not see this subject once before 1.9.

Last edited:
Your wrong, it does not work for AOS users, it only works for iOS!

I have tested it on my note4, works fine. I think people have some app residue left over from the old android app.

Maybe turn off video caching in the app.
Under OTHER > cache locally when recording.

ok did some testing tonight... with my TAB S and Firmware 1.1.9 on PH3A

1. reset my TAB S 10.5 back to factory setting. :(
2. installed DJI app from DJI web site. 1.1.0
3. Turn off video cache in DJI app.
4. Cleared flight logs
5. Formatted SD card in DJI app
6. Put TAB S in flight mode. (WiFi / Cell all off)
7. Turned off my mobile phone and killed all not used apps on TAB S (Zapper app)
8. Started up PH3A and contoller in normal way.
9. Started the DJI pilot app
10. took off in to air about 40 meters away and hovered around.
11. FPV video feed not too bad, a bit laggy. but ok.
12. task manager and Zapper apps both said DJI app using 43% CPU.
13. Overall CPU usage was running at 80%
14. flew around for next 5 to 7 mins...
15. FPV video lag was getting worse.... and worse as time went on.
16. Overall CPU usage was still running at 80% and DJI app at 43%
17. after 15 min of flight... FPV totally useless.. dropping too many frames and way behind the camera feed.

Please help DJI... very dissapointed...

ok did some testing tonight... with my TAB S 10.5 and Firmware 1.1.9 on PH3A
Please help DJI... very dissapointed...
A little searching shows that there are quite a few Inspire owners reporting poor results with this tablet.
The app is very demanding and needs a fast graphics card to run properly.
Not all Android devices are up to the task.
DJI have a (short) list of good devices and searching will bring up others.
It's no good trying to run cutting edge software on an unsuitable device and then complaining about DJI.
If you want the app to run properly, you have to provide a suitable device to run it.

I have to agree with Meta, although I'm a Samsung fan and the tabs S has an amazing screen I don't think it's up to the job. Have you any other device you could try it with?

I have to agree with Meta, although I'm a Samsung fan and the tabs S has an amazing screen I don't think it's up to the job. Have you any other device you could try it with?

I have a iphone 6+.... but testing is hard as i still only have one battery for my PH3... waiting for Dji to send thru second one... will try but.

But a lot of people seeing this problem with supported devices and the tab s has 8 core cpu.... but the real thing is... 1.1.8 worked fine. Turn gps off works fine.

So go figure? ??

Since the app works fine for everyone else, it's unlikely that it is the cause of your problem.
It doesn't work fine for everyone else I'm constantly reading about issues with it and I am experiencing the same things. It happens for me when I switch from video to photo and back. I always close every app before I fly and I am on iPad Air 2 flying p3a. I never used another version of the app so I have no reference there but it feels like a software issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik