I think the DJiGo app is hijacking my phone

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has the same problem. I am happy with the app and it is working good so nothing wrong there but i noticed since i have installed the app my GPS keeps turning on even when GPS is turned off and app is closed.

The little satellite icon keeps popping up at the top and when I pull down the menu the GPS is not highlighted (turned off) and all apps are closed. I usually turn my GPS back on and then off again to cancel it out but it happens regularly and i wouldn't really care cause i love the app but its just that this is really draining my battery.

Also i am using a HTC One M9 android phone but i am going to upgrade to a tablet soon so if i cant solve it its not a big issue.

Thanks in advance for any input :)

@Nighthawk Your GPS is used for a variety of apps... not just DJI GO. I would say that it's probably being used by the multitude of apps that do periodic checks of where you are so things like your web searches are more customized to your location. It's probably that you just started noticing after you installed the GO app. Just my 2 cents.

Thanx Buckaye. I will definitely keep that in mind. It can just be a coincident and that's why I am checking here if anyone else had any issues. Sadly my GPS setting won't show me which app is accessing the GPS in the background. I mean I am quiet happy with the djigo app so far

Thanx Buckaye. I will definitely keep that in mind. It can just be a coincident and that's why I am checking here if anyone else had any issues. Sadly my GPS setting won't show me which app is accessing the GPS in the background. I mean I am quiet happy with the djigo app so far

On my iPhone 6 - I looked at the GPS usage and it says it is only used when the app is being used... though I have a lot of apps that use my GPS "always"

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj