I think my quad has a substance abuse problem

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I went out for a twilight flight and my p4 started tweaking out when I launched it. It started drifting all over the place 15 feet off the ground. It was locked on to 11 sats. I set it back down, killed the motors, and relaunched. then it really started acting weird. the gimbal was tweaking out, the quad was tweaking out, it was flying crazy. I landed again and completely shut it down. After I powered it back up it was totally fine. I did the flight and got some great video. I think it may have been because i powered it up the first time in my hand and then walked it outside. There were no errors on the go app. I know my toy quads would have that same behavior if i didnt immediately set it down after powering up. They just wouldnt act right. My p4 has done this once or twice before and interference is in no way an issue where im flying. I think its because i powered it up and walked around with it.

Yeah, I think you should always have it level and settled on a flat surface ready to take off. Mine gave me a warning once that it was unlevel, I forgot the exact wording but it did not like the fact that it was powered on and not settled on a level spot.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

Reactions: Duchunter
Well i powered it up in my hand and immediately walked outside with it so for like the first 30 seconds it was powered up it was moving. Im sure thats what the problem was. I think I even left the gimbal guard on and walked back inside to put it up. I may have walked around with it for a minute or two.

Power it on on stable level surface and DONT TOUCH IT until it has fully initialized. Lucky you didn't destroy it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan