I think lightbridge is broken

Reaction score
I haven't used my P3P for ages - it was playing up on the last flight - range not so good and image breaking up but was flying in a different area so didn't think much of it.

I charged it all up yesterday - went to do an imu calibration as I have never done one. Keeps saying no signal. EVERYTHING else works fine. Just no feed from the camera. The camera is working - takes pics and vids.

I have tried almost everything - pairing the transmitter - different leads. Looking at the signal strength it says poor transmission and loads of red spikes - I tried going to a manual channel still the same.

Am I right in thinking the lightbridge is to blame? Controller or Bird? So annoying. This is the 300B - I do NOT want a C - the range on this one is awesome or was - 15,000ft totally standard.

Same issues here with the P3P. Nothing like being in mid-flight doing a shoot and the tablet freezing up or dropping signal. On my last shoot (commercial operator here) I had to finish the flight blind. I believe its the tablets not being able to process the feed. I've read that although Nexus tablets are certified with the Phantoms, the Ipads are the way to go without issues. I have a Nexus 9 specifically purchased for the P3P -- and had issue after issue with such connectivity. Hence, I now own 3 Yuneec Typhoon H's and is my preferred bird. The built in Tablet in addition to 6 props and 360 camera did it for me. And nope -- not video connection / configuration / cable connections and extra equipment that has to be maintained. I also have a Vision + with simple WIFI --- works great! Thinking about selling my P3P and keeping my Vision plus for it's fish-eye views that some clients really like for those large property perspectives. I think DJI missed the mark with Lightbridge for the market -- seems like marketing the bird for entry level mass markets -- but implemented not so mass market needed technology. I know many will disagree -- but I'll bet most of them have IPADS. I wished I had bought an IPAD instead of the Nexus -- and at this point I just don't want to be bothered with 3rd party connection issues when flying. Simple.

This is not a problem with the devices I am using. I have tried it on several. This is a problem with the lightbridge transmission.
And no I don't want an IPAD!!!

I would first try uninstalling your current version of Dji Go from your device and reinstalling the newest version.
Then:
Turn on remote without usb lead connected to tablet.
Turn Phantom on.
Leave a minute or two.
Turn on Tablet.
Then connect the usb lead from remote to tablet.
You should get a message asking which app to connect to, select Dji Go.

I would first try uninstalling your current version of Dji Go from your device and reinstalling the newest version.
Then:
Turn on remote without usb lead connected to tablet.
Turn Phantom on.
Leave a minute or two.
Turn on Tablet.
Then connect the usb lead from remote to tablet.
You should get a message asking which app to connect to, select Dji Go.

I have used 3 different devices - one with a brand new install.

I seem to recall a thread about issues with the NAND memory used in LB modules for the P3 and other DJI models. Too many bad sectors form in the NAND when not used for extended periods such as a few months and it creates issues with image transmission. I recall that someone had been able to fix this by flashing the bootloader with specialized tools. I also recall that this NAND was replaced starting with the P4.

Does that sound familiar to anyone or am I dreaming? I ask because for the life of me I cant find that thread right now.

It seems that we have too many people who say that they have image transmission issues after not using their P3 for many months. I wonder if this NAND issue is to blame.

If anyone recalls or can find the thread, please link it here. It may help some if I am indeed remembering correctly.

I seem to recall a thread about issues with the NAND memory used in LB modules for the P3 and other DJI models. Too many bad sectors form in the NAND when not used for extended periods such as a few months and it creates issues with image transmission. I recall that someone had been able to fix this by flashing the bootloader with specialized tools. I also recall that this NAND was replaced starting with the P4.

Does that sound familiar to anyone or am I dreaming? I ask because for the life of me I cant find that thread right now.

It seems that we have too many people who say that they have image transmission issues after not using their P3 for many months. I wonder if this NAND issue is to blame.

If anyone recalls or can find the thread, please link it here. It may help some if I am indeed remembering correctly.

That makes perfect sense to me. I suppose that is why so many people say problems are fixed with a new update. It isn't the new update fixing the problem it is the act of flashing it that does the trick. Perhaps I will try flashing mine with the same old version I know and love.

Would that cause the weak signal in lightbridge though?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20