I think I've overlooked something with range

Reaction score
I've read a lot of threads here and searched the forums for an explanation but couldn't find anything concise. Hope the community can help me out.

The P3 Standard has FCC and CE ranges, and from what I've gathered, it's governed by the location you're flying in. Is this accurate? Also is there a way to disable the maximum distance limitation? I've routinely been out to 500m without degradation of control or video. I'm using the stock antenna and a homemade windsurfer and want to be able to push past 500m when I want. Flying in south FL, USA

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ok then how am I reading posts of well beyond 500m if I'm not being limited?

You're being limited by interference and/or a malfunction in your hardware (e.g. if you crashed and broke something).

No crash. No damage at all actually. Using iOS app DJI go

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Then you're being limited by interference.

That's the weird part there isn't any as far as I can tell I have only one bar down on the RC controller and full video feed and 10 or sometimes even 13 satellites for GPS

I really thought it was a software issue because it can set maximum flight distance and then it says 15 to 500 m and I can't get that off

Also is there a way to disable the maximum distance limitation?
You don't indicate whether you've hit a limit or not.
The app has a configurable Max distance limit if that's your problem.
i-JknPbjk-L.png

and I can't get that off
Ah, now you mention it... :)

Make sure your Phantom is connected to the DJI GO app when attempting to modify that setting.

Reactions: azpilot61
Yes I was hitting that limit of 500m without a problem. Just realized I went full ****** and never saw the toggle for turning a distance limit on and off. Thanks for the help!

Never go full ******.

That's the weird part there isn't any as far as I can tell I have only one bar down on the RC controller and full video feed and 10 or sometimes even 13 satellites for GPS

Any other 2.4ghz (wifi?) or 5.8ghz or any other emi solar flares etc can interfere it's really not something you are gonna see unless you have a spectrum analyzer.

If your in a city or near homes most likely their wifi systems add to the noise floor in the area. Heck many parks today have big wifi systems blasting across the park.

Best thing you can do is try to find a different places to fly and see what works best. I found I can easily get over 1000 meters in a clean Rf location with no mods.

Yes just did a test run down my road with new developments (i.e. no wifi yet) and got 1100m before video chopped. TTT windsurfer only "mod"

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4