I THINK IM READY TO FLY??

Reaction score
SO battery's both charged, contoller charged,

aircaft , remote and batterys all fimware updated

IMU calibrtaed

Gimbal calibrated

Compas calibrated

Anything else i need to do???

One thing i did notice, if i cover the top of the craft with y hands then i loose gps, as soon as my hand is removed all sattilites are back and safe to fly again..

One thing i did notice, if i cover the top of the craft with y hands then i loose gps, as soon as my hand is removed all sattilites are back and safe to fly again..
That's normal since you're covering the GPS receiver. It's in the top, center of the Phantom shell.

GPS Signal loss is normal when the receiver gets covered. Stay in beginner mode, stay in P-Mode, stay close and low, and operate in an open area until you get your sea legs. Make sure you have good GPS and close all running apps on phone/tablet except flight app. Make sure phone/tablet is charged up too.

GPS Signal loss is normal when the receiver gets covered. Stay in beginner mode, stay in P-Mode, stay close and low, and operate in an open area until you get your sea legs. Make sure you have good GPS and close all running apps on phone/tablet except flight app. Make sure phone/tablet is charged up too.

Thanks for the advice, im just being over cautios because of how much money ive just parted with lol,

egginer mode was the first thing to be tunred off lol, i have had 12 ish hours of flight time and 68 flights with my standard :)

One thing im trying to figure out is how the obsticale sensors work, actually i more mean the red, amber and green icons on the screen for the OA?

Yes, those bars are showing whether or not the front sensors are detecting an obstacle.

You'll do fine, with the previous flight experience. Different colors on OA indicate how close it thinks an obstacle is.

You'll do fine, with the previous flight experience. Different colors on OA indicate how close it thinks an obstacle is.

yeah thats what i was trying to work out lol, then mor bars seem to appear closer you get.. is there a chart anywhere that explains how they colour systme etc work?

If you have that much time on a P3S, you should be right at home with P4 since you're somewhat familiar with the Go app. Just realize with P4, the P mode with OA enabled struggles to go 20mph. Many of us disable OA and then P mode will do 33mph. Optionally you can trigger S mode with the toggle switch for 40+mph.

Make sure you enable multiple mode support in the GO app so all of these modes will work as expected. That's a common issue that can ruin the first flight.

If you have that much time on a P3S, you should be right at home with P4 since you're somewhat familiar with the Go app. Just realize with P4, the P mode with OA enabled struggles to go 20mph. Many of us disable OA and then P mode will do 33mph. Optionally you can trigger S mode with the toggle switch for 40+mph.

Make sure you enable multiple mode support in the GO app so all of these modes will work as expected. That's a common issue that can ruin the first flight.

hey fella, i tested the OA turned off and i now see that the aircraft is mush faster i didnt know lol, thanks everyone...

What is multiple mode support?

How do you get on with tilted horizon?

Daz

What is multiple mode support?
upload_2017-4-19_13-37-24.png

im just being over cautios because of how much money ive just parted with lol,
IMU calibrtaed
Gimbal calibrated
Compas calibrated
Yes ... you are being over cautious.
There was no need to recalibrate everything before flying.
Re-read the top of p57 to see when you need to calibrate the compass.
If it was important to recalibrate these before flying, DJI would tell you to.

Reactions: Dazzauk
Ha ha. Very true buddy.

The only problem with doing it is now all your old posts show P4 - iPhone 7 Plus in the sig line too... which will be confusing for anyone reading your posts in the P3 section... <shrugs>

Yes ... you are being over cautious.
There was no need to recalibrate everything before flying.
Re-read the top of p57 to see when you need to calibrate the compass.
If it was important to recalibrate these before flying, DJI would tell you to.

Had a question about this - if the P4 he got were last flown somewhere quite a distance away (i.e. in another country), would it be possible that the compass would need calibration? All the other items seem less of an issue, and I suppose even the compass would only be slightly off due to magnetic deviation.

Had a question about this - if the P4 he got were last flown somewhere quite a distance away (i.e. in another country), would it be possible that the compass would need calibration? All the other items seem less of an issue, and I suppose even the compass would only be slightly off due to magnetic deviation.
If that was important I think DJI would say something about it (and they don't).
I've flown mine (straight from China) out of the box without calibrating anything.
I suspect that compass calibration has nothing to do with distance from anywhere.
I've flown my P3s up to 4000 miles from where they were calibrated without any issues.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik