I think I have found out the reason for sudden Phantom 2 drop from the sky !!!

Reaction score
So today I went to exchange my WiFi module, old one with newer with holes but not new. Removed old one, connected all cables, started, it works ok. Screw those shell screws lets try to start it, POOF NOTHING ! So battery goes all 4 LEDs and then I hear silent click and that is it. My legs were dead, I thought mainboard is burned so I am throwing this POS which drinks my blood for like 2 months.

Unscrew the shell, unscrew that small screw ( coz I knew that I did not touch anything else ), put battery in, and starts !

Then I remove WiFi to see if I got the holes for plastic ok, put it back, screw that small screw whole way down, NOT STARTING ! Unscrew it by half, IT STARTS ! So basicaly Phantom is completely dead when I tighten this screw.

I remove WiFi and see that the only pount where the WIFI housing can make contact is on those **** 2 wires for ESC, they are right below the WiFi. I put small electrical fabric tape on those poles, put small patch on the wifi, put 5-6 layers of doublesided tape under WiFi so it goes up for like 1mm and tighten that small screw to little over a half, that tape is holding it ok.

So, my conclusion for all those "full battery and sudden drop from the sky" is that because of the vibrations it connects WiFi housing on one of those 2 wires from ESC and it immediately goes dead, completely dead.

Does this make sense to you ? I am 90% sure that I could not start it when that small screw was fastened and on that side it can make contact.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I can it would happen at times.

found those exact power leads when I had to pry the wifi off to door the heat sink fix last year.
I did check them and shield upon reinstall.

It would be easy to nick or cut them when working on wifi module and many were redone over a year or so on those p2s

How did you shield them ? Any photos ? People should do that if they are already removing wifi module. I couldnt believe that the complete Phantom is dead when it touches the housing.

Thanks for the info. Another item,for us to check out. Could save some one grief!

How did you shield them ? Any photos ? People should do that if they are already removing wifi module. I couldnt believe that the complete Phantom is dead when it touches the housing.

tape,
no photos
I just do things ...photos never come to mind , I try to many things to often....lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.