I think I am ready :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Getting addicted...I have been flying the P3S now for about 3 mos. now and loving it.
I installed the Inspire tablet mod for my Nexus 7, put on some removable blade guards and gimble guard 'cause I'm still a newbie.
But, there are a few areas I would like to reach from some of my sitting posts and they seem out of reach by a quarter to half a mile. I assume the description of the itelite panel below is the one I am looking for. (or is there a better mod. in this price range?)

OK--I am at the dbs mods web site, and what I come up with is this part number. it's sitting in my cart and I am ready to hit the paypal button. - I believe it says "in stock" also

- is the protection pack worth the 10 bucks?

/dbsmods.com/

DBS STANDARD ITE-DBS01.4

Kit Options: +Protection Pack

1 × $119.00

are there any other parts that would compliment what I am looking for?

I know many folks here are impressed with mod, so I am throwing this out here for someone who has made this purchase from this website, to say this is the real deal...Thanks..

That's a fine antenna.

Before you buy, you might look at the MaxxRange which is also on the site. That 2.4 antenna is much better than the one that comes with the original ITELITE you are considering. But the problem is the MaxxRange doesn't include a 5.8 antenna. You could get both though.

Another option is the Terminator with the 5.8 antenna which is made by Horizon. It's a similar array-type antenna system and gets rave reviews, but it's heavier.

Thanks Mark
I see the maxxrange now. - no kit for the video and r.c. combo. $88 dollars
it does not specifically say it works on the P3S. - it mounts to the itelite DBS panel by way of wing nut attachment.
am I getting this right?
you mentioned getting both, is that realistic, to mount both panels on the the same hand held remote.
- this could be an added upgrade if needed I suppose..

The maxxrange is a 2.4 antenna system and includes two panels, each with its own input. So since it is a 2.4 Ghz antenna, you can use it with any 2.4 ghz transmitter or receiver. For example, I have one connect to my P2V even though none exists for the P2V. Mounting it might be a challenge though, but there are ways to do it and it's discussed in other threads. It's up to you whether you want to go to the trouble in exchange for a really good antenna.

My remote has the classic ITELITE like the one you describe in your first post, and it also has the Maxxrange. It's kind of big, awkward, and heavy, but I can fly three miles (with amps and bird side mods) which is pretty good for a P2V. I don't connect or use the 2.4 antennas in the original ITELITE - I just use the 5.8 portion.

As I said, it's up to you. Maybe it's best to take baby steps and just get the original for now.

Thanks again
I'll buy the itelite and if the fever pitch stays up there, I will probably upgrade next year as my confidence builds to a 4k chopper, and mod that accordingly if needed.;)
-so this is a baby step :eek: - gotta be at least 2 or 3

Reactions: MasterBlaster
The maxxrange is a 2.4 antenna system and includes two panels, each with its own input. So since it is a 2.4 Ghz antenna, you can use it with any 2.4 ghz transmitter or receiver. For example, I have one connect to my P2V even though none exists for the P2V. Mounting it might be a challenge though, but there are ways to do it and it's discussed in other threads. It's up to you whether you want to go to the trouble in exchange for a really good antenna.

My remote has the classic ITELITE like the one you describe in your first post, and it also has the Maxxrange. It's kind of big, awkward, and heavy, but I can fly three miles (with amps and bird side mods) which is pretty good for a P2V. I don't connect or use the 2.4 antennas in the original ITELITE - I just use the 5.8 portion.

As I said, it's up to you. Maybe it's best to take baby steps and just get the original for now.
Hey Mark, probably not but do think it's help the 5.8 any by not running the 2.4's in the itelite

That's a good question. My instinctive response is no, but since they're so close together, you might have some good insight there. I can't really say for sure without some tests...

That's a good question. My instinctive response is no, but since they're so close together, you might have some good insight there. I can't really say for sure without some tests...
l'd love to hear about if u ever get bored

Next step is booster and replacement cable. Just got my 5.8Ghz Sunhans and it really kicks. Got incredible range in a heavily wifi polluted area. 1mile and still 97% signal. Did you do the 27dbm update for 2.4Ghz in your P3S?

Next step is booster and replacement cable. Just got my 5.8Ghz Sunhans and it really kicks. Got incredible range in a heavily wifi polluted area. 1mile and still 97% signal. Did you do the 27dbm update for 2.4Ghz in your P3S?

Do you have the DBS01mod with the 2w. 5.8ghz. amp installed together ?
why is the replacement cable an upgrade, is the DBS cable in their kit not shielded enough?

I did not do the 27dbm update. Is that that a game changer? I'm here in the U.S.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik