... I stand corrected. : ^ (

Reaction score
… yesterday I was happier than a blonde in a house of mirrors because my new Phantom 3 Pro finally indicated the green “latest firmware installed” in the system status pilot app. This was after about five update attempts. Tomorrow will be my first flight !!!
-
Joy no more. You guessed it, upon fire up this morning I am back to the dredged red “firmware update required”. In addition I am now the proud owner of these new warnings:
-
1.) No signal 2.) Gimbal motor overload / heat ( showed up once) . 3.) Poor radio quality.
-
Yet to fly this $$$ bird. There is no joy in Mudville. What to do, what to do.
-
When does the little guy in the tuxedo come around to tell us we're having fun ???

Mine gets those warnings on occasion... It seems like it's a standard default message as it cycles through... Just close that window and wait for "home point set" and green "ready to fly GPS" message and launch it... It'll be fine! I have done that dozens of times with no issues whatsoever ... It's a joy to fly! I know I don't need the update because I'm on the latest firmware. If you lose video signal, just close and reopen the app... It comes right back. I'm using an iPad 2 mini. Have fun!

"Doc" ...
-
Good to hear that. I have the Samsung Note-3 , ' hope that doesn't make a difference...
-
Thanks !

red “firmware update required”. In addition I am now the proud owner of these new warnings:
1.) No signal 2.) Gimbal motor overload / heat ( showed up once) . 3.) Poor radio quality.
These warnings are all (except #3), glitches in the latest firmware.
It brings up these false alarms frequently.
You can ignore them and fly safely.
You may also get another scary false alarm advising that there is an error in the VPS - Land immediately.
To prevent this one, disable the Visual Positioning System in the app.
Poor radio quality is indicating that there is some interference where you are and will not necessarily be a problem.
I saw it a few days ago for the first time when flying in an inner city location.
It disappeared quickly on takeoff because the problem was where I was standing, not up where I wanted to fly.

For your early flights make sure you are in a large open area well away from trees and buildings.
Trees and other obstructions are the number one cause of crashes.

Meta4:
-
****, thank God that there's guys like you around for us newbies.
And Thank You for your moderator work !!!
-
Up, up, and Away, (but below 400' - - -)
-
grrquadman
David

I keep forgetting to disable VPS and I flew over several ponds yesterday? Thanks for the memory jog

These error message are truly entertaining… I get all of those from time to time but two days ago when I was flying I had the absolute worst transmission signal I've ever seen, bar none. While I was scratching my head trying to figure out how to correct it not once did I get the error message "Poor Radio Quality". Too funny! And by no means is this a criticism… I, like everyone else, am having my issues but absolutely LOVE this drone!,

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik