I so can't wait!!

Reaction score
I'm drooling at the prospect of flying this baby. I'm slowly squeezing the trigger. I can almost hear the "click"
With the help of this group and reviews on line [i.e., Amazon], i'm feeling confident that I'll have success and not wind up with a mangled pile of of dashed dreams similar to the pieces and parts cluttering up a part of my basement floor from previous RC incursions. :lol:

jerryflah said:
I'm drooling at the prospect of flying this baby. I'm slowly squeezing the trigger. I can almost hear the "click"
With the help of this group and reviews on line [i.e., Amazon], i'm feeling confident that I'll have success and not wind up with a mangled pile of of dashed dreams similar to the pieces and parts cluttering up a part of my basement floor from previous RC incursions. :lol:

Jerry. Spend the money. Accept that any time you might lose the entire amount in a freak event.

Once you're OK with that- DO IT!

..and join the rest that are having a blast.

The Real cost of the Phantom is determined by how many times you can successfully fly it- and the cost goes down with each flight!

That's what I tell myself, "Saved a little more money since it came home safely"

Have fun!

:D

jerryflah said:

You will succeed! I just shown a friend how to fly my phantom and 3 minutes later he was flying without any mishap!

It is easy to fly, my seven year old has landed it without tipping it. But there was some great advice earlier - you can NEVER guarantee you won't end up in pieces, we are flying after all! Do your bit by not flying like a ****, do your checks, look out for other people/aircraft and maintain the Vision and you'll probably have a long and happy relationship, but be prepared to accept that fact that something might go wrong. If you can live with that you'll have an awesome time. :D

At first I was nervous about flying my Vision, not because I was concerned about crashing or losing it. I was worried that I would be disappointed by it. After all, $1200 is a lot of money to spend on a toy. :)

Fortunately, I haven't been disappointed at all. The technology is amazing. It's fun to fly and the photos and the videos are about as good as you should expect to get from a small camera mounted on a moving platform.

-- Roger

Go for it... I would suggest getting a Personal Item addendum to your home owners or renters insurance policy... I got one for my P2V at an insured amount of $2000... It cost me $30 a year... I chose $2k because I'm positive I will be adding a Multi-axis gimbal at one point soon... Not sure if it will be Rotor Pixel or DroneExpert or someone new... I figure it's gonna be another $300 or so more... Anywho... For $30 bucks a year and NO deductible, I can fly with a better peace of mine...

I just had my first pair of flights (2 batteries worth) on Wednesday. All I can say is I'm hooked (and a little spooked too).

There is just something about starting the props and woosh, up she goes.

iResq said:
I just had my first pair of flights (2 batteries worth) on Wednesday. All I can say is I'm hooked (and a little spooked too).

There is just something about starting the props and woosh, up she goes.

I see you are in Annapolis... Must be some really good area's for photo's and video clips... Post some clips on one of your flights... BTW... If you updated all the firmware and performed the compass calibration, you should be good. DJI did a pretty good job with this device. Send her up and let her loose! Oh yea... trust yourself as well... Its been raining for days here so I'm grounded so to say...

Re: I so can't wait!! And DID

Thanks for all the encouragement gang.
I've got about 20 flights under my belt. Some stunning pics and great videos. Now I've got to learn how to post some on this forum. like I did on Facebook.
it IS the ultimate technology. You're born up with this magnificent machine. It's as close to having wings yourself as I'll ever have. I hope I continue to learn and not become complacent. Continue using common sense and a check list is a must. BUT a new relaxation is beginning to envelop me as the bird soars.
Right now I'm looking into inexpensive ways of mounting my wife's ipad in place of my smart phone. I'll let you know how it works out. FPV rocks! :lol:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20