I recently bought some prop guards but the screws are.....

Reaction score
I recently bought some prop guards but the screws are too short any place I can buy eight 5th screws?

The prop guards should have come with the longer screws. I would reach out to where you purchased and ask for them.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The prop guards should have come with the longer screws. I would reach out to where you purchased and ask for them.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
I did they said they would refund a dollar for a three dollar purchase any idea of where I can get some screws?

Just return this incomplete product, and buy well rated guards from a reputable source. The guards you got seems to be too cheap to be good anyway unless they are second hand. It might be cheaper in long run to trash them and buy new complete set.

The length of screws is very important. Too long screws can and will damage the motors. Nobody here can offer you or even recommended the correct screws without knowing the particulars of the guards that you've got.

Just return this incomplete product, and buy well rated guards from a reputable source. The guards you got seems to be too cheap to be good anyway unless they are second hand. It might be cheaper in long run to trash them and buy new complete set.

The length of screws is very important. Too long screws can and will damage the motors. Nobody here can offer you or even recommended the correct screws without knowing the particulars of the guards that you've got.

I guess I just have to suck it up and buy another set of prop guards you have a preferred product?

YES, they do. It is an OEM product and comes with everything you need for a proper install.
One thing ... these OEM guards are permanent. You cannot snap them on and then off for storage.

YES, they do. It is an OEM product and comes with everything you need for a proper install.
One thing ... these OEM guards are permanent. You cannot snap them on and then off for storage.
That is not good, then it wont fix into my case...

Good I have mentioned it then. I had same need and decided to go with this product which comes in various colors and combination of colors ... Amazon.com: Summitlink® Snap On/off Prop Guards 2x Red 2x White for DJI Phantom All Versions Phantom 3 Professional Advanced Tool Free Quick Release Quick Disconnect Propeller Protector: Toys & Games

The package contained everything you need to install it, including two sets of screws ... one set for P3, and another for P1/2. I have installed the guards and flew a few times since. They snap on and off easily, and still feel solid when locked in place. I like the fact that the bases are installed using 4 motor screws not just 2. This should support motor mounts by taking some load of the drone case and prevent case cracking.

One negative ... the guard edges were a bit rougher than the OEM guards that I've got as well. I just cut some excess plastic with knife and made the edges smooth.

Last edited:
Good I have mentioned it then. I had same need and decided to go with this product which comes in various colors and combination of colors ... Amazon.com: Summitlink® Snap On/off Prop Guards 2x Red 2x White for DJI Phantom All Versions Phantom 3 Professional Advanced Tool Free Quick Release Quick Disconnect Propeller Protector: Toys & Games

The package contained everything you need to install it, including two sets of screws ... one set for P3, and another for P1/2. I have installed the guards and flew a few times since. They snap on and off easily, and still feel solid when locked in place. I like the fact that the bases are installed using 4 motor screws not just 2. This should support motor mounts by taking some load of the drone case and prevent case cracking.

One negative ... the guard edges where a bit rougher than the OEM guards that I've got as well. I just cut some excess plastic with knife and made the edges smooth.
Do you like the different colors?

Aesthetically, I prefer all white, but practicality won ... the red guards installed where drone's red lights are really help to orient the drone on its approaches home, when catching it, especially when the sun is shining in your eyes.

Attachments

• P1060427_1200.JPG
    P1060427_1200.JPG
    362.5 KB · Views: 365
Aesthetically, I prefer all white, but practicality won ... the red guards installed where drone's red lights are really help to orient the drone on its approaches home, when catching it, especially when the sun is shining in your eyes.
I see, is that the lowest price?

Yup ... all Prime items shipped 2-days free, and no finger pointing when something goes wrong ... Amazon will make it right. Just a paid for convenience and peace of mind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20