I received my vest

Reaction score
After waiting for three weeks, got my vest today!
e9925e94983aa5a976bc2ef1a15bc1af.jpg

I think this vest really moves your place from, this guy is doing illegal things blah blah blah to, this guy is a professional and I should stay back

Reactions: macoman
Even if I flew where people were near enough to disturb me, I would not don a fake uniform or badges to give the impression that the FAA somehow had my back. I most certainly would not pay $33.33 for it and show it off on the forum.

Tobby

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Even if I flew where people were near enough to disturb me, I would not don a fake uniform or badges to give the impression that the FAA somehow had my back. I most certainly would not pay $33.33 for it and show it off on the forum.

Tobby
It is not an uniform, it is a vest that inform the public that you are a registrated drone pilot with the FAA. This is very useful in areas where there is a lot of hate towards drones.

It is not an uniform, it is a vest that inform the public that you are a registrated drone pilot with the FAA. This is very useful in areas where there is a lot of hate towards drones.
Why would you fly where there is a lot of hate towards drones? How will a vest protect you from haters? How do you become REGISTRATED?

Tobby

Why would you fly where there is a lot of hate towards drones? How will a vest protect you from haters? How do you become REGISTRATED?

Tobby
You became registrated when you pay a fee to the FAA. Everyone that owns a drone have to be registered or you can legally be subject to a fine. Like I said before, the vest does not protect you but inform the public or the police. I flight in public parks, you never know when someone will approach you and ask you what are you doing and why.

Sorry, I mistakenly thought that English was your first language. Where are you from?

Tobby

Hi vis vest and hard hat required on many locations; construction sites come to mind. Only necessary if the drone is registrated and it's pilot licensed (licensated?). Recommend flying for money AND fun :)

Tobby

That's rather a strange response. It's a safety vest, as used for many activities, and far as I can tell the information on it is factually accurate since either flying as a hobbyist or under Part 107 one is clearly FAA registered. Are you not registered with the FAA?

If you fly commercially under Part 107 you are licensed and your drone(s) are registered

Reactions: hitechrob
That's rather a strange response. It's a safety vest, as used for many activities, and far as I can tell the information on it is factually accurate since either flying as a hobbyist or under Part 107 one is clearly FAA registered. Are you not registered with the FAA?

Yes I am with REGISTRATED with the FAA, and my bird has the appropriate markings permanently marked on it. I just feel that wearing a safety yellow vest that says I paid my $5 will serve no other purpose than to draw attention to the operator, especially for the ones who fly in a "drone hater" rich environment. If I can't avoid being disturbed when I fly, I put the bird in the case and go where I won't be disturbed.

Tobby

Reactions: August
Man, you don't get it ... No such word as Registrated. The word is Registered.

sar104 doesnt get it either - anyone can buy a vest saying anything on it, doesn't mean they are legal.

move along .... move along ....

I think that in some situations a vest like this would be nice, if you are trying to focus on flying, some people will think you have authority and not bother you while flying. But at the same time, if someone is trying to find the pilot, you couldn't stand out more. I have a park I love to fly in but the "park police" like to come over and make up some rules about how I'm not allowed to fly, which I have confirmed to be false with management.
In that case, I wouldn't want to make it obvious I'm the pilot.

Reactions: FlashBuddy

sar104 doesnt get it either - anyone can buy a vest saying anything on it, doesn't mean they are legal.

This is getting ridiculous. The OP bought a safety vest that states, correctly, that he is an FAA-registered remote pilot. I can only assume that you guys are just being argumentative, because your objections make no sense at all.

The purpose of a safety vest is not to prove anything, although, as pointed out above, the simple act of wearing one may at least somewhat reassure others that he is not flying surreptitiously.

Last edited:

That would be sarcasm. Get it? macoman used the word and I was having a little fun with it.

Tobby

The vest just adds a little bit of "professional" to the pilot. If you go to a parking lot with a parking team would you be comfortable fallowing them if the had vests on or would you prefer them to just where normal clothing?

Reactions: Jonathan Huff
Constructive comment for op - unfortunately the word 'Registered' is incorrectly spelt on the jacket, it's missing the last 'e' in the word, which may detract from the reason for wearing it in the first place.

Last edited:
Reactions: jimbo3n8

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31