I really need some help here!

Reaction score
So after much deliberation, I decided to purchase a Phantom 2 Vision and I love flying the thing thus far. However I have only flown it and not used the app. or the camera in general. I decided to download the app. and fire everything up. I connected the extender and connected to the network with no issues. However I can not get the camera video to come up at all and it acts as though that there is no telemetry data coming from the PV at all. I screwed around with it for a LOOOOONG time and am really good troubleshooting this kind of stuff, so finally I lamented and called DJI. After sitting on hold for like an hour I finally talked to one of them and he told me that this is a known problem and many pilots are having it. He then told me it is being caused by the app. and not the PV itself. I had tried it on both by Iphone 5s and my brand new Samsung Tab Pro. Neither version worked like they should have. The one thing that was weird was that on my Iphone it actually showed that the camera was connected, but when I clicked on the Icon for the camera and the little shutter animation opened up, it then said "cannot connect to phantom vision" on the screen. The guy from DJI told me that the work around for this was on here, and done by downloading the old version of the vision app. and installing it after I delete the one that I have now. Has anyone had these problems and if so did this work around fix the issue? Finally does anyone have the links to these files so I can download them if they will infact work. I need them for both IOS and android. Thanks a lot everyone and I'm happy to be part of this community!!

CBS: I had the same problem after updating the app. I have a S-4 galaxy. Delete the app from your phone. Now open up the link provided and it should be on your phone. Send the link to your phone if your not using it.

Furb

*duplicate post deleted - mod DeweyAXD

Furb,
Once I do all that and then open the page. Which one should I choose for android..... Then how do I install that version on my phone. When I tried it earlier it just opened it up in text showing all the code.. Any tips on how to actually install the app from that page on my phone?

clearblueskies said:
So after much deliberation, I decided to purchase a Phantom 2 Vision and I love flying the thing thus far. However I have only flown it and not used the app. or the camera in general. I decided to download the app. and fire everything up. I connected the extender and connected to the network with no issues. However I can not get the camera video to come up at all and it acts as though that there is no telemetry data coming from the PV at all. I screwed around with it for a LOOOOONG time and am really good troubleshooting this kind of stuff, so finally I lamented and called DJI. After sitting on hold for like an hour I finally talked to one of them and he told me that this is a known problem and many pilots are having it. He then told me it is being caused by the app. and not the PV itself. I had tried it on both by Iphone 5s and my brand new Samsung Tab Pro. Neither version worked like they should have. The one thing that was weird was that on my Iphone it actually showed that the camera was connected, but when I clicked on the Icon for the camera and the little shutter animation opened up, it then said "cannot connect to phantom vision" on the screen. The guy from DJI told me that the work around for this was on here, and done by downloading the old version of the vision app. and installing it after I delete the one that I have now. Has anyone had these problems and if so did this work around fix the issue? Finally does anyone have the links to these files so I can download them if they will infact work. I need them for both IOS and android. Thanks a lot everyone and I'm happy to be part of this community!!

I did the same thing you're doing. iPhone and iPad and samsung Galaxy S3. My P2V+ worked fine for 9 days with my iPad, stopped working with the iPad and also doesn't work on iPhone or Android phone. I think it is a hardware problem, but DJI thinks it's software. Bottom line is lots of people have this problem and there doesn't seem to be a solution.

Have you tried restarting your phone?, whenever I have app issues a phone restart usually sorts it.

Completely remove the old app on your phone.
Turn on the feature on your phone that Allows you to install 3rd party apps.
Download the correct version app to your pc... Put this file in your downloads folder on your phone using a cable, or wifi,... if setup to do so. (this is called "sideloading" an app.)

Install and test.

Good luck
Let us knw if that works

We shall see what happens! I REALLY pray that this is a software problem and not a hardware issue!! I will be really pissed if I find out that I bought a $1200 flying camera and actually got a $900 quad copter and a useless $300 camera!!!!!! FIX IT DJI!!!

Try sending the link to your phone. I'll try and send you the one I used if that doesn't work.

SO..... I went on the drone slinger website using my tablet and clicked on one of the previous android versions. It just brings up the code. There is no way for me to save it anywhere that I can see at least. I'm prob. screwing something up. I might need someone to get out the big giant red crayon, and draw me a step by step picture on how to do this as apparently I'm not quite smart enough to figure it out!!

clearblueskies said:
SO..... I went on the drone slinger website using my tablet and clicked on one of the previous android versions. It just brings up the code. There is no way for me to save it anywhere that I can see at least. I'm prob. screwing something up. I might need someone to get out the big giant red crayon, and draw me a step by step picture on how to do this as apparently I'm not quite smart enough to figure it out!!

Ok...Are you on a computer?....If so, download the correct app to your PC. Do you or have you ever connected your Phone to your computer via a USB data cable?

This is where we need to begin to load the app on your phone. Your phone does not have the necessary protocols to download a file and execute it in that format. IE: (no launcher etc) So putting the file in the correct folder will achieve this...you need a PC if you cannot see the file as an App on your phone.

Also...have you setup an account thru DJI and connected your Vision via the Assistant software ?...If you have not...then proceed with caution if you do not want to update your Phantom Vision to the latest revision. You mentioned you've only flown WITHOUT app support...ie out of the box. If that's the case, likely your Phone hasn't been setup thru the DJI Website...If no "handshake" has occurred, it is likely the APP will not work yet.

If you HAVE connected your Vision to the Assistant Software on your PC then go in and get the revision numbers on the info tab. and repost them here. And continue to sideload the phone app. All of the equipment needs to work together via the usb cable and internet access thru your phone to make the handshake. Afterwards...it will work properly when out flying.

BTW..Back in early March there was an important update for the FC200 camera...If you've been flying all this time without using the app...Its likely the Camera also needs revisions applied.

let us know, and will go from there.

So here is what I know thus far.... Every time I try to download the app version that I need from droneslinger nothing downloads to my computer. It just opens up a text file that shows the code for the program. So do doing need to copy this info into a folder and then figure out where to put it on my tablet once I connect it to my computer? As far far as updating my camera firmware I'm sure that I need to do so, however I don't want to update my total phantom firmware because I don't agree with their new restrictions at all. So if I can update my camera firmware only then I would do that immediately. I'm so lost....... This is becoming a royal pain in the button and I'm thinking I should have just bought the Phantom 2 and put a go pro black on it!!!!!

The easy way to do this is download the app straight to your tablet. Go to the droneslinger website on your tablet and click on the app version that you want and it should download onto the tablet (you won't notice that it has downloaded), the next step is trying to find it on the tablet. The way to do this is go to to the play store and download an app called ES file explorer, when you open this app it will allow you to search the files on you're tablet so you look for a file called downloads open it up and you should see the app in there you then just click on it and it installs providing you have already gone into the security settings on you're tablet and clicked the box saying allow loading of 3rd party apps or something like that. Don't do the camera update yet try to get everything working first.
If you want to download it via your PC instead you then just connect your tablet and drag and drop the file to the tablet and use the ES file explorer app to find it.

What seems like a common theme with this problem is the use of the App on two separate devices. I had a similar problem when my son had the app running on HIS phone, not connected to either his Phantom or mine, while I was connected to my Vision. As soon as he closed the App the problem resolved. Seems the same scenario on this thread: "Brand new Vision with no live view".

Don't know if this was the situation you had but thought I'd chime in from a different angle.

clearblueskies said:
We shall see what happens! I REALLY pray that this is a software problem and not a hardware issue!! I will be really pissed if I find out that I bought a $1200 flying camera and actually got a $900 quad copter and a useless $300 camera!!!!!! FIX IT DJI!!!

You can also get versions of the app here http://sharewith.excipere.com/

to install on an android device. just plug it into your computer and copy the apk file to a folder you will be able to navigate to on your device.

On the device just navigate to the apk file and double tap. it will ask you if you want to install the apk, give you some warnings and away you go.

I was having trouble with the 1.39 version and ended up selecting the lowest bandwidth for the video. The video on your P2V will be fine. I've not tried the 1.40 version.

hope this helps

Bmews

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic