I really hate the new DJI GO app 3.0.0

In AUTO set for HD with normal channels (without 32 hack), what is bandwidth? 4-6-8-10Mbps?

Auto seems to switch at 4mbps setting as best performing for long distance. But true data rate is possibly lower in reality accordingly some discussion I have found earlier (P3 or P4).

Note hardware decode also implemented for Android but no option to toggle.

6dbba22060007266c4d2e9e3bc224032.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

B&W stripes are called zebra. You might want disable the related option in camera settings. Let's see if you find it, this is not enabled by default.

The lastest update seems to have fixed the C2+Gimbal and also the grid settings being erased.

Anyway, it does take a little longer for IMU to warm-up now. I don't think I've ever seen it warm up before the update.
Perhaps it's a good thing for everything to function properly. It's not that long of a wait, I think getting the GPS signal takes longer anyway.

The lastest update seems to have fixed the C2+Gimbal and also the grid settings being erased.

Anyway, it does take a little longer for IMU to warm-up now. I don't think I've ever seen it warm up before the update.
Perhaps it's a good thing for everything to function properly. It's not that long of a wait, I think getting the GPS signal takes longer anyway.

IMU warm-up is not related to the DJI Go App.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Are you really whining about how long it takes to warm up the IMU. Ah to have first world problems. So what if it takes a bit longer or maybe in your mind it does. Does it warm up and fly? If so, mission accomplished. You realize that this is a P4 and not a Predator drone right? It's like you're looking for a problem to a solution.

Are you really whining about how long it takes to warm up the IMU. Ah to have first world problems. So what if it takes a bit longer or maybe in your mind it does. Does it warm up and fly? If so, mission accomplished. You realize that this is a P4 and not a Predator drone right? It's like you're looking for a problem to a solution.

I don't think @Streetmagus was whining rather than observing. Btw, if you find it takes longer to warm-up, I hear A good IMU calibration helps if it's been a while since you had one.

I don't think @Streetmagus was whining rather than observing. Btw, if you find it takes longer to warm-up, I hear A good IMU calibration helps if it's been a while since you had one.

Fair enough. If the IMU takes a few seconds longer then it does. There are a lot more serious things in the world than an IMU that takes a bit longer to warm up. I do not even notice. When I turn on my P4 and connect it to the controller, I start doing other things rather than sit there with a stop watch timing how long it takes to warm up and get going. I try to enjoy my P4 as opposed to looking for reasons to find something wrong. Some of the problems people are having seem like self-inflicted gunshot wounds.

I have noticed longer warm-up since upgrading DJI GO to 3.0.0 (now 3.0.1). Can be i.e. some improvement around pre-flight checks and not give control to the pilot until all completed. Take the opportunity to check things and look around safe to fly.

But if takes more than 3-5 minutes then Cold IMU calibration can help to boost warm-up time. There is loads of discussion about and it's not a myth, sensors reference values being used in association with temperature.

As reported by another pilot:
ca52667ff325a1ac1b46bc90cf0c25c9.jpg

Last edited:
Right, I was merely stating the fact that I've noticed (after the update) that the IMU takes longer to warm up, because prior to the update, I've never noticed or knew it needed to warm-up (never saw the message before the update).
As stated, it doesn't affect my flights, because it takes longer for my drone to connect to the GPS satellites than it is to warm up. So, by the time I get the "Ready to fly (GPS)" message, the IMU has already done it's course.

Reactions: RémyHeli
I can wait a few more seconds for IMU no problem, now my question is that if IMU needs to warm up now even more, why do some calibrate the IMU cool, they will warm up to operating temps anyways. Maybe if you live in the desert it may make a difference?

On my views prolonged warm up time is not necessarily related to IMU as amongst other initializations. Cold IMU calibration is reputed to save time therefore the idea to speed it up.

While I posted a mini rant the point I am trying to make is that some people spend most of their time looking for problems than being out enjoying their drone. This isn't a Predator drone. It's a consumer device that is suppose to be fun to fly and enjoy. Many to most of the comments on here are from people bit*hing and moaning about this and that, and should this or that happen, or how do I do xxxx (when it is clearly in the manual). It's almost like Groundhog Day with the same complaints from generally the same people about the same things. Just go fly the darned thing and have fun with it.
You forget that some people rely on this app for their livelihoods using an Inspire. The problems faced with P4 are also hurting Inspire pilots. They deserve better. Someone posted a few pages back that they would be better off keeping the apps lean by each platform having its own dedicated app.

As a software developer it actually isn't any more difficult to split the apps out. Sure you need to code in some compile flags, but the only people affected are the build and test teams.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using PhantomPilots mobile app

This week I've been doing some filming for a local golf course and midway through the week I did the 3.0.0 update. Boy do I regret it. Warm up time has doubled, video transmission breaks up more frequently (open ground, 200m from aircraft), and the quality of the received video stream appears to have dropped.

The grid and c1 issues are annoying but I can live with them, but the issues above are killer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20