I really hate the new DJI GO app 3.0.0

My C1 keeps asking for permission in the app every time I try to use it time GRRRRRRRR

Same here. But this permission was also happening before the v3 update. Only happens on my iPad Mini 4. Doesn't happen on Android.
It does get a little annoying having to repeatedly allow this permission, ever time when using C1.

Apart from some of the introduced issues in the v3 update (e.g. C2 & gimbal wheel) which will be sorted out in a future update, I quite like the updated look of the app. The larger telemetry section seen at the bottom of screen is fantastic in my opinion. Allows for quicker glances and is great for ageing eyes :)

BrettW the C1 issue was happening prior to the current release but it was corrected by deleting the app and reinstalling it. You can not correct that issue now by doing a reinstall. They need better beta testers before releasing an app with an obvious issue.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I used the new Dji go 3.0 update (iPhone 6s plus) today vs the version before it on my Samsung tabs s2 and didn't notice anything worse. Both versions hovered extremely stable and both had great range. So I guess it just affects some people

Question: The update if for the GO app and it`s options, if the craft still runs the same firmware, how can it fly differently?

Say again? I don't understand.

How is it possible that a app update will cause hover problems, when there is no new firmware update.
I guess that's his question.

Yeah I quite can't understand it, perhaps it's another issue and there's some confusion. When I briefly went to 3.0.0 the P4 was flying the same and I had no other issue neither with the video feed.

Reason I downgraded was for the C2+EXP dial combo that stopped working.

But hover is not controlled by the remote or app.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Question: The update if for the GO app and it`s options, if the craft still runs the same firmware, how can it fly differently?
You know what? I was thinking the same thing. I guess it's possible it could affect aircraft flight but I think it's highly unlikely especially since I've tested it and didn't notice anything different. I actually hovered my p4 next to multiple wife's p4 ,mine running the new update on ios and hers running the previous build on android, both drones hovered exactly the same, then we tried distance and both like before behaved identical. So who knows what's going on

I hear the folks that say there is no explanation for app updates influencing flight behavior. But I've had a series of bizarre flight experiences after upgrading, the hover used to be rock solid and is now jinky in 10mph wind, drifting 2-3 ft to all sides, in spite of solid GPS... Flying forward has bizarre and occasional delays, I've had to re center the right stick 2x before it would move, stuff like that. It just suddenly feels really different. My next step is to uninstall reinstall, then perhaps downgrade.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I have been thinking about why some are having flight differences. In the last 2 GO updates dji is putting many many video sharing crap in the app. Dji really wants to get in on the social network big time. I am thinking that the app is communicating with the RC at mega levels just to get video info, I think the RC is so busy to share video that the flying data is placed on the back burner and the AC is not getting the commands as it used to. Can you guy's having problems check if you are sharing video and is your wifi on. For me after the last update the first time I launched GO it crashed, the second time it crashed the whole tablet. I can't remember if my wifi was on or off at the time, I usually turn wifi off because my little tab4 can't handle to much info ( it doesn't do that anymore, wifi off). Even if we do not turn the sharing option on in GO it might still be trying and ready to share and the RC in some cases can't keep up. >>>DJI.. you people programming this should always give data priority to the AC and when we turn the option off we want OFF. If you are having problems with flight maybe try to fly your bird close without your phone or tablet. You don't need GO to fly. If it works fine than we will know it's your tablet or GO affecting the RC, no changes were done to the crafts firmware and this leads me to believe it has to come from the RC. (Just a thought)

Last edited:
Reactions: RémyHeli
You people do realize that this is a $1000 drone and not a $1 million dollar Predator drone right? This is the best technology you're going to get in a consumer product. Unless the drone is in danger of actually crashing into the ground this seems like nothing more than a complaint manufacturing thread. Considering the minuscule amount of complaints, it's easy to assume that these are isolated incidents generated by people who have nothing more to do than find fault with everything.

Proof is in the eye of the beholder. My tablet is bloatware free and is used just to fly, always ran well with no glitches, after GO update if my tablet is connected to wifi Go crashes or the tablet crashes, all share to what ever is off in GO, if I am connected to wifi Go crashes if not it works just fine. That's proof enough for me that even if share is off some type of serious communication is still running. I love this bird and I fly it a lot I have 4 batteries and I could use a few more. The purpose of people discussing some problems is to get a collective possible solution. I wish to share my solution, to try and turn off wifi and see if it helps because it worked for me, I never had flight problems just tablet crashing after the update. I had a tablet crash way out over water and had to hard boot my tablet and it took a long time, used RTH to get back home, waiting for 5 minutes for the craft to come home not knowing if it will is no fun.

Some useful feature has been removed without notice such as the ability to adjust camera horizon during flight. On my views this is not a zero problem as confirmed impacting video shooting for some. But obviously some don't bother level horizon and we can understand this.

If the functionnality I have mention is back in next GO app release It will confirm was not a zero problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik